Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authority-check problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

When i execute a generated SE16 maintenance program for a table EINA(program name: /1BCDWB/DBEINA ) in

the background, the job fails after a couple of seconds,but i can execute this normally i.e. live processing. i have

not authorization for transaction code SE16.

Anyone have some ideas,please help me! Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5

ThomasZloch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Why does the job fail? Please disclose the contents of the joblog.

Whatever you do, don't circumvent authority checks, so if you don't have SE16 authorization, why are you trying to see table contents? And if you are allowed to see table contents, why don't you have SE16 authorization?

Thomas

0 Kudos

Thanks for attention to this question!

The issue is from the User of the company. I just want to find the reason. He has authorization to use TCODE of program /1BCDWB/DBEINA, also he can excute it in live.

0 Kudos

Hi,

You can debug the program in background and check it.

Gouri.

0 Kudos

Hi,

Ask the User to run the transaction SU53 after the background job fails.

If it is some authorization issue then the transaction SU53 will show the missing roles for that user.

Then later u can request the BASIS team to add those roles and the problem will be solved.

Edited by: subas Bose on Jun 3, 2011 12:27 PM

0 Kudos

Hi

When use SU53 check the authorization and found the user havent the authorization to use 'SE16'. we cannt give user to this authority. To my confuse, User can execute in live(execute directly, not by background).