Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webi report showing blank data.

former_member182342
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all,

When i run my report which developed earlier, it showing no data retrieve. After refreshing that report , it showing

Some objects are no longer present in available universe. Please contact your business administrator. (Error :WIS 00001) (Error : INF).

After i run the check integrity option on that universe, Its showing database tables has been changed (New columns has been added). Thats means i have to refresh the universe or what ??

Waiting for your reply,

Thanks and Regards,

Anish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Above all else you need to find out why this has happened without you being told!

If this is a production environment, raise it as an incident.

If it is a development environment, email the database developer, asking them to keep you informed about future changes.

former_member182342
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Thanks for your reply,

Yes, its production system.

Regards,

Anish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Speak to your manager then. It is an unacceptable situation that you are not advised of changes to the production environment. Above all else, you need to make sure that it does not happen again. In this instance, you will need to refresh your universe structure and then run an integrity check to find out what is broken.

former_member182342
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Thanks for your reply.

After refreshing structure , it still showing blank data. After seeing the report in edit query mode, no field is present there .All queries are broken down . What can i do for that ???

Please reply as early as possible.

Waiting for your reply.

Thanks and Regards,

Anish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anish,

The Problem is the object s which are using for the report development are changed , so that after refresh the universe in the development enveronment use the required object and develop the report . test it in the QA then we will see.

Thanks

santhosh

former_member182342
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Santhosh,

Thanks for your Reply,

Actually all reports are developed in production environmment. There is no any quality or developement system.

So,Please suggest me particular solution.

Thanks and Regards,

Anish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anish,

I think the previous suggestion was correct, in that your report is confused. There were objects the report was using that have been changed or deleted. Do you have similar reports that use the same data, that work correctly still? Do you have a backup of the old version of the report or universe?

Thanks

former_member182342
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for ur reply.

I don't have the back up either report or universe. Pls give the suggestion what to do.

Regards,

Anish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry Anish, sounds like you are having a major problem. You didn't answer my questions regarding whether universe objects have been changed or deleted., or even another question - have report objects in queries been changed or deleted?

There is no way we can help you unless you provide more specific information.

Do you think it was just a change in the database, where the data structure has changed? If so, a refresh structure should work to resolve it. But there could still be issues with the report trying to use objects that have been deleted or changed.

I have dealt with similar situations before, and what has usually worked is to go into the report, and edit the query, and remove any objects in question, that you think may have been changed or are new. Remove one, then try to run the report, if it doesn't run, remove another object, try again, etc. Keep doing this until the report works. Be sure to save it at all stages, so you have backups in case something gets even more messed up.

You also did not respond to the question about why database changes are being made in a production environment where they are not informing everyone affected by the changes. Not a good environment to work in.

Thanks

former_member182342
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Thanks for your reply.

Its not showing previous objects which i used . Reports objects are displlaying in the edit query mode.

Yes, there is change in the database but refresh structure is not working after applying.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anish,

From what I see, when your database tables / columns were modified, your objects would no longer work because they refer the old table names / column names.

Also, it looks like the objects in the universe have been deleted and then re-created. This would have caused the report objects to lose their link with the universe (old objects will have one ID and new objects will have a different ID and they do not link even if the object names are same)

I would suggest you to do the following:

1 - First, clean up your universe by doing a refresh structure, then creating objects based on your requirement. Once this is done, do not play around with your universe by deleting / changing your objects every often. Also, remember to take a back-up of the universe. You might not want all your reports based on your universe to blow up, in case the universe gets corrupted!!

2 - No matter what, the reports would have lost the link with the universe objects. However the structure would remain. the only option is to bring in the objects once again and then create the reports

3 - Suggest your folks to have atleast one another environment other than production.

4 - Inform your db folks to notify you when the db objects are changing at the database level.

Regards,

Srivatsa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anish,

Have you solved this problem yet? If not, I think you are providing too little information for anyone to solve.

The fact that "Refresh Structure" is not working is a problem. What error does it give you?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Anish,

Sorry, If the objects in the univese were changed, they would still be in the query, just changed, so they may or may not work in the report anymore. But if they were deleted from the universe, you are right, they would not be in the query panel anymore. But the report column or variable where they were used would still be there. If they were just placed directly in a column, then all it should do is make the column blank, but if they were in a formula, variable, section, or filter on the report, then those things would now not work correctly. For instance if an object which was deleted was in a variable, the variable definition now will have question marks "?????" where the object used to be. Check the report to see what is in each column, section and filter. See if you see question marks anywhere. If you do, remove the formula/variable etc, from the report and see if it runs. If you can get it to run, that was probably the problem, and then you just need to replace it with a different object (if there is one that would work).

Hope that helps.

former_member211527
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Anish,

Please find the UID of the Universe eg:File Name: frs://Input/a_180/009/000/2484/univers3.unv then go to

BO Installation directory /filestore/Input/File Name: frs://Input/a_180/009/000/2484/univers3.unv u will be finding the backup copy of the univetrse there..

i think it may help you a little bit . I hopes it may solve your issues asper my undertanding question yous. if is wrong please igonre it..

if you dont have idea ask your admin people to trace out that frs file

Hope this helps ,

Ravi

former_member182342
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all Thanks for reply,

Still my problem not get resolved. I think its major issue.Its not get resolved.

Regards,

Anish

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Yes. you need to refresh the Universe.

View -> refresh structure.

Now do Tools -> Check Integrity.

Make sure all your objects are parsing. (If not, verify if column referred in object exists or not in DB Table or change in datatype etc)

Now remove dropped objects from reports/ remap with new objects if any.

Regards,

Vamsee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Check the Database fields and Universe level object which are created,there might be some object might be missed out or changed.

Hope this helps!

thanks

Santhosh