Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Add buffer for dependent requirements

Client wants to do advance one yearly planning for raw material.The current practice by client is that for every finished product they do BOM explosion and calculate the Raw material (Purchased Items) requirement. Then for every purchased item they add some percentage buffer to it for accounting material loses due to various reasons (scrap, overconsumption, theft etc., ). This increased requirement is passed by production planning dept. to stores. Stores in turn modify the quantity based on their logic (club requirements from various sources, add their own buffer etc.). Then store creates the purchase orders.

Now in SAP we have given yearly lot size, and strategy 10. After running plant level MRP, dependent requirement are getting generated. System is creating one PR for full year dependent requirements. How can I now add buffer given by Production Planning department and stores so that my ordered quantity for raw material increases by some predetermined percentage?? I thought of adding scrap in material master, but client is not accepting that. If I add scrap then system will suggest more material issue to the production order which client do not want.

Is there any other way to address this point please?? Can someone help please? Any help will be highly appreciated.....

Helpful Answer

Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question