Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Function Module to perform authorization and connect test for given RFC

karthik_narayan2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I am working on request, which requires checking the RFC status.ie whether both Connection Test and Authorization test is OK for a given RFC.

Please help me in finding the function module for the above request.

Thanks in advance!!!!!!!

Thanks,

Karthik

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

For connection test you can use RFC_PING as said by Thomas, for checking authorization using Uname/PWD etc use RFC_LOGIN.

My Bad - You cannot use RFC_LOGIN, you can try with RFC_LOGIN_INFO and check the parameter "RFC_LOGIN_COMPLETE".

Regards,

Chen

Edited by: Chen K V on Jun 3, 2011 2:16 PM

Edited by: Chen K V on Jun 3, 2011 2:23 PM

2 REPLIES 2

ThomasZloch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you can successfully call function RFC_PING in the remote system, I would assume that both the connection and basic RFC authorization is in place. What is not checked is additional authorization (S_RFC, or any application related checks) that might be required for calling other function modules in the remote system.

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

For connection test you can use RFC_PING as said by Thomas, for checking authorization using Uname/PWD etc use RFC_LOGIN.

My Bad - You cannot use RFC_LOGIN, you can try with RFC_LOGIN_INFO and check the parameter "RFC_LOGIN_COMPLETE".

Regards,

Chen

Edited by: Chen K V on Jun 3, 2011 2:16 PM

Edited by: Chen K V on Jun 3, 2011 2:23 PM