cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AltItem Group in BOM / Alternative Material

Former Member
0 Kudos

Experts,

In Assy A I have two materials B & C in BOM, I like to route the demands to material B as long as I have enough material on stock. If I have no stock or not enough of material B to cover demands of Assy A, system should automatically switch demands to material C.

Is there a way to set this up in SAP, ideally with MRP support to calculate demands between B and C.

Thanks in advance

Jörg

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184655
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Jorg.

In my understanding automatic switching between alternative items based on the stock does not happen during MRP run.

MRP checks the usage probability for each alternative item and based on the usage probability the item gets planned.

Based on the priority defined for the alternative item ,the item gets reserved.

Regards

Mangalraj.S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mangalraj,

that was my concern that MRP won´t recognize the material on stock.

Best regards

Jörg

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jorg,

You can maintain the alternate material in BOM.

Eg: Your BOM is Assy A and create items B and C. Select field B and press ITEM icon which is in top. In the basic data tab (Altitem group) you can main the priority. If you set priority then system will choose first material B. If it is not available then it will select material C.

Hope you understand.

Regards / US

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sir, in your case the item B and C are alternate items .For this you have to define the tewo material as alternate one.

SAy e.g B abd C are line item 10 and 11 respectivelly.Double click onthe first line item define a alternate item group,

than define priority Strategy and Usage probability.

Say for example

item Alternate Item Priority Strategy Usage Probability

B X 1 2 100

C X 2 2 100

For any issues please revert back

\

Regards

Bhupendra Singh

Edited by: laxmi23101975 on Jun 3, 2011 10:50 AM