cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

10901 Data source name not found and no default driver specified(ODBC)"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I have installed BOE 4.0 at Win XP 64 bits, and also installed Sybase IQ 15.2 (32bit) ODBC, and has create the odbc entry "shkdemo" at the System Tab. However, I still got the above error when using the the "Interactive Analysis" thru "BI Launch pad".

For BOE 4.0, I found that I could only use the BOE Client tools (Universal Design Tool) to create the connection, this client tool I installed it at another 32 bit XP laptop, and I also installed the Sybase IQ 15.2 (32bit) ODBC with the same odbc entry "shkdemo", and using the "Interactive Analysis Desktop, I could be able to create report with data from IQ 15.2.

Kindly advise, why I still got the error of "10901 Data source name not found and no default driver specified(ODBC)" when I use the "Interactive Analysis" thru "BI Launch pad".

Cheers,

Hilda

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Remember the client tools are 32 bit, BOE 4.0 is 64 bit. Thus a document using a 32 bit client will connect to 32 bit ODBC datasource. A 64 bit application (BOE 4.0) will be looking for 64 bit ODBC datasource. You mention you installed Sybase IQ 15.2 (32bit) ODBC which is great for the 32 bit client tools, but 64 bit BOE will not be able to use this.

See a related article; [Crystal Reports support of 64 bit Operating Systems|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/10d5fa88-2013-2c10-c9a5-f11963607d4e]

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I uninstall the Sybase IQ 32 bit odbc driver and install the 64 bit odbc driver, and it works now.

Answers (0)