cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI with SRM 4.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

My client is in the midst of bluprinting for a pilot SRM4.0 project. Their intention is to use XI to communicate with 4 business partners. I am looking for someone to talk to about using XI with SRM.

Kind Regards,

Chris

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

XI can be used to integrate the SUS(Supplier Self Service) units available in SRM 4.0 for your business partners. Also XI can be used to upload external catalogs fom business partners if you are using electronic catalog XML (eCX XML).These could be some of the varied uses.

-Teresa

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

It is great because you have alll the standard interfaces of EBP. The communication is through proxies, so you only have to set up the GeneratedReceiverChannel_XI. You have to upload the SRMcontent from the SAP uploads. We have done the Shopcard out and the contract out. And in we have done the ASN and PO. All is setup very quickly.

regards,

Job van Walraven

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Philips / all ,

Can you please send me the pdf:

http://intranet.sap.com/~sapidb/011000358700002914442003E/CGSUSEBPV15.pdf

at rmsinghal@gmail.com or rm_singhal@yahoo.co.in .

its urgent for me.

Thanks

Ram Singhal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I wanted to access the PDF file "http://intranet.sap.com/~sapidb/011000358700002914442003E/CGSUSEBPV15.pdf" for the configuration of Sending PO's from SRM -> XI -> External Vendor. I am not able to access the PDF. Can somebody e-mail me the PDF file at rmasuta@suncor.com. Thanks.

Ravinder

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sven,

Ofcourse you can use proxies in SRM 3.0 (proxies are available as of Web AS 6.20).

1) On the EBP server the XI 2.0 add-on has to be installed. (Check for software component APPINT, release 200_620 SP 05 under system status)

2) The EBP server has to be configured as a XI business system. This includes the connections to the SLD etc.(See the XI 2.0 config guide, chapter for business systems)

3) The EBP has to be maintained as a technical and business system in the SLD.

4) In order for EBP to be able to use XI a customizing setting under SRM->SRM Server->Cross Application Basic Settings->Enable use of Exchange Infrastructure must me activated in the IMG

5) You have to activate PO output to XI for each vendor/BP. Please refere to the chapters "purchasing document output" and "sending purchasing documents to external business partners" in the SRM help (help.sap.com)

Hope this helps.

Rgds Johan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As you said yourself you need the XI add-on to use proxies which is what I had said.

Kind regards

Colin.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much!

Now I have good guideline of how to proceed. I think we already did most of the steps, but we didn't import the APPINT package. Instead we implemented the package "XI Content for EBP" PI_BASIS 2003_1_620. Do you know what's that for? Does this one contain the standard scenarios that I can see in SPROXY?

I'll try the other one and let you know how it worked out.

Thx, Sven

philipp_steves
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hallo Sven,

the XI content holds the SRM-Package for the

Interface Repository.

With that package you can look at our interfaces in

the interface repository of exchange infrastructure.

Regards

Philipp

diegohs
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Johan,

Do you know from which path can I download the XI 2.0 add-on? I'm looking the service.sap.com site but I cant find it. =(

Im using ECC 5.0, SRM 4.0, NW 04 SR1

thanks for your help !!! 😃

Regards,

Diego

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Looks like this guide will solve a lot of my issues. Can you send me a copy of this as well.

muinul@yahoo.com

Thanks,

Regards,

Muinul

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are in the process of implementing SRM 4.0 and an initial phase of SUS (one-way supplier interaction, essentially for them to view invoice and payment information). We are also implementing CCM (see the "CCM and XI" thread for some comments about that functionality), and plan on sending PO create and update data out to a limited number of suppliers.

The latter was originally going to push out PO IDocs from our backend R/3 system to XI via the IDoc adapter, where the the data would be mapped to cXml and then sent to the supplier via an HTTPS post. Unfortunately, we will likely have to define a custom function module to do the push out of R/3, since much of the data we need is not captured in the ORDERSxx IDoc types.

Drop a line if you have any questions or just want to bounce some ideas off someone. We'll be happy to share our experiences.

Chris

Freescale Semiconductor

Chris.Perkins@freescale.com

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

we are dealing with a closely related scenario:

We need to send POs out of EBP and deliver them via HTTP or as an xml email attachments to multiple vendors.

Therefore we want to use the Proxy-Framework in EBP in combination with the HTTP or Mail Adapter in XI. It's not a big deal to configure the Adapters in XI but the setup of the connection between EBP and XI is really causing us some problems...

Does anybody have/know some kind of setup guide containing what one has to do to establish successfully a connection from EBP to the SLD and the Integration builder to be able to make use of the scenarios we set up in XI?

Every thought and information is very much appreciated!

Sven Lattermann

Remark: We're currently using SRM 3.0 with EBP 4.0 on Web AS 6.20 and XI 2.0 on Web AS 6.20 (XI 3.0 prototype would be available as well)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sven,

You can only use proxies on Web AS 6.40 or above. Contact SAP via OSS about an add-on to enable you to use proxies on a lower version. We face the same issue with CRM 4.0 as it is only on Web AS 6.20 too.

Hope this helps in some way.

Kind regards

Colin.

Message was edited by: Colin Bickell

philipp_steves
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hallo Sven,

please proceed as describeb in the attached configuration guide. SLD ist addressed from SRM via RFC and RFC-Destionation, XI is adressed in transction sxmb_admin via URL or via HTTP-destination.

http://intranet.sap.com/~sapidb/011000358700002914442003E/CGSUSEBPV15.pdf

Regards

Philipp

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Philipp,

could you please send this configuration guide via email, since I don't have access to the SAP intranet which is the destination of your link.

sven.lattermann@accenture.com

Many Thanks for your help!

Sven

Former Member
0 Kudos

Philipp,

Can you kindly email me the http://intranet.sap.com/~sapidb/011000358700002914442003E/CGSUSEBPV15.pdf

document, as the intranet.sap.com cannot be accessed from my current location.

Thanks.

James

jimmy@icondesigns.us