cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to know the user has made changes to incidents in TCODE : CBIH82

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi SAP masters,

the requirment by users at a later stage that entries they made have been changed and if the record has been accessed a number of times there is no way of knowing who changed what and when. This is inadequate for the business and results in loss of data integrity, and possible audit findings.

Of importance is that the Field label must be shown, who changed the data, the date and time the data was changed, what the old value was and what the new value is:

is their any FM which gives the data?

so how do we know so that we can write a report to avoid this confusion.

can i please have some input.

thank you,

pasala.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Pasala

I do not know the module EH&S IHS well; but according to my knowledge in the backgrond it should use the same approach as in EH&S PS

Therefore please check:

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_05/helpdata/en/c1/eda0f591ec12408b25e7a1b369ca45/frameset.htm

You will find the standard report: RSSCD110

In core EH&S PS you can display the change docs from hit list (menu entry "Extras":

I am pretty sure that something similar should be available in EH&S IHS

I am pretty sure that if you have done a correct set up of EHS IHS that change docs are created (tables CDHDR, CDPOS etc.).

With best regards

C.B.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank you for the reply...however am using the CHARATERISTICS in EH&S..

When i give the change number ( doc number ) it does not give me the OLD & NEW values.

much appriciated for the input...

thank you,

pasala.

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

in EH&S PS core customizing you must make sure that appropriate change docs are created. There is a customzing activity to run.

I am pretty sure that EH&S IHS uses the same approach (i am not an expert in EH&S IHS). I assume that the demands regarding legal changes etc. are the same and therefore SAP has delivered a solution regarding the change doc creating even in EH&S IHS.

Example: in EH&S PS changes are stored even if characteristics change (value assigments). You will always get the old and new value (pay attention: the look and feel and analysis of these change documents is not easy and you must have a very good ! understanding of the core data model of EH&S PS)

With best regards

C.B.

PS: i did a small survey in SAP online help; I found no indication that change docs are created in EH&S IHS

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Christoph Bergemann ,

wooo... thank you so much for you time and knowledge...as am a developer i mean am an ABAPER ( progrmmer )... i think its the responsibility of the FUNCTIONAL PERSON who suppose to generate the CHANGE DOCUMENT.

Will you please let me know...so that i can ask him...and get it sorted.

YES ! i found that when i use the TCODE : CBIH82 ( EH&S ) and change somthing in it.... the CHANGE DOCUMENT is not generated...does it mean that the FUNCTIONAL Needs to CONFIG from their side?

correct me if i go wrong in my asking.

but your input is great...and thanks for your great input.

thank you,

pasala.

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Pasala

after small survey in internet:

Please check sap transaction code:

CBIHCH3 Change Documents Inc./Acc. Log

With best regards

C.B.

Complete list as found by survey in internet:

CBIHCH1 Change Documents Work Area

CBIHCH2 Change Documents Risk Assessment

CBIHCH3 Change Documents Inc./Acc. Log

CBIHCH4 Change Documents Injury/Illness Log

Please check SPRO. May be as explained some preparation is necessray to use these SAP codes.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chirs..

Answer is SOLID...much appriciated...it works for all the standard fields...However i have the CHARACTERISTIC fields...how do we do the CHANGE DOCUMENT for these fields?

thank you,

pasala.

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Pasala

may be this link might help:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_rc10/helpdata/en/43/e3c10a15bb2d57e10000000a422035/content.htm

Additionally I found this link:

http://fuller.mit.edu/ehs/class_chg_docs.pdf

as well as this link:

http://fuller.mit.edu/ehs/characteristics_chg_mge.htm

In EH&S PS the changes of values in characteristics can be displayed using the report mentioned. I would assume the same should be true by using the same report regarding EH&S IHS.

With best regards

C.B.

Edited by: Christoph Bergemann on Jun 6, 2011 2:41 PM

Answers (0)