cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Download functionality in EXCEL and PDF format to the Webdynpro iView

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Expert,

I am using NW 7.0 ehp1 sp3. I developed some Webdynpro RFC model application for the product catalog of the material related data.

Now my requirement is to provide the download functionality in EXCEL and PDF format to all of these Webdynpro (java) iView.

How we can achieve this requirement? In which part of the webdynpro application we have to write the code?

Someone can help me very clearly in steps to achieve this?

Thanks,

Kundan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Qualiture
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kundan,

This topic has been covered quite a few times on SDN. This extensive tutorial should have you kickstarted http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/b0e10426-77ca-2910-7eb5-d7d8982cb...

Cheers,

Robin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Robin,

Thanks for your replay. But this is not my issue. I developed a Webdynpro RFC model application. I want to give one button on the iView, like down load in excel or download in pdf for downloading the content of the iview. It may be numeric or text. So, when user clicks on this button the content of the iView must be downloaded in EXCEL of PDF form.

Thanks,

Kundan

Qualiture
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't think it is possible to redirect the html stream of the Web Dynpro iView to a PDF / Excel document, since it essentially would mean you have to call the Web Dynpro application again, maintaining the state and context of the iview itself

However, using (for instance) the JExcelApi (Excel) or iText (PDF) you could create documents using the data displayed in your Web Dynpro iView, which has the added benefit you could design and layout your PDF / Excel documents in a more suitable layout for printing (most WD applications look horrible when printed)

Cheers,

Robin

p330068
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

The Pre-Requisites of your link Web Dynpro Binary Cache is not opening. Can you have any other document to get the solution of my requirement?

Thanks,

Kundan.

Edited by: Kundan Babu1 on Jun 3, 2011 3:14 PM

p330068
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kundan,

it is opening the above URL. Also please check this http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=116097327

Best Regards

Arun Jaiswal

Former Member
0 Kudos

p330068
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Still I am waiting for the appropriate solution of my issue.

Thanks,

Kundan

Qualiture
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As I stated previously, I don't believe it's possible to capture the rendered HTML stream of a WDJ iView and render it as a PDF

However, since you could perfectly create a new document using the JExcelApi (Excel) or iText (PDF), I don't understand how this couldn't be a solution to your requirement

Robin