Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to find sscsdk80.dll file

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have 2 queries.

1. We are currently migrating our PROD ENV to a large configuration. One of the tasks involves CR 2008 Installation. I chose custom option and did choose all the components to be installed. The install did complete. On launching a few reports the system did complain but sscsdk80.dll file not found although it does exist in the win32_x86 folder. I did notice in of the earlier threads people referring to SPI and SP2 releases. I believe we have the non-SP version. How do I get my hands on the SP2 version?

2. How to install CR 2008 on a Cluster? What are the dos and dont's?.

Please help.

Regards,

Balaji K

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hello,

No mention of a SDK used so I moved your post to Report Design forum.

Download the full build of CR 2008 Service Pack 3: https://smpdl.sap-ag.de/~sapidp/012002523100009989492010E/cr2008_sp3_fullbuild.zip

Then apply SP 4: https://smpdl.sap-ag.de/~sapidp/012002523100008782452011E/cr2008sp4.exe

Not sure why that dll did not get installed or it can't be found. Likely permissions, be sure you are a local PC admin with full rights to install.

As for Clustering Cr Designer it's not a feature. CR designer is a standalone Windows 32 application that each user must install locally.

Thank you

Don

Edited by: Don Williams on Jun 6, 2011 10:12 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Don,

Thanks for the follow up. I did find the sscsdk80.dll under the win32_x86 folder. This was installed on a CLUSTER ENV. I do understand your message on CR installation,. CR 2008 has been installed on each of these hosts.

When I compared the Single NODE install to CLUSTER INSTALL the sscsdk80.dll was found in 2 locations (i..e) win32_x86 and bin. The SINGLE NODE install did not complain while displaying the Charts while the CLUSTER INSTALL did.

Is SP4 install a permanent SOLUTION?.

Please update.

Regards,

Balaji K

0 Kudos

Hi Balaji,

So it would appear you have multiple copies of Crystal reports installed. Although any \bin folder should be a version of CR that is side by side supported.

Nothing is permanent, you can always uninstall SP4. Also, I undated the link to SP 3 and not SP1.

What OS are you using?

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

Don,

The PROD Server carries just one installation (i.e.) CR 2008. We are Windows 2003 R2

1. So I install CR 2008 SP3 full build followed by SP4 will it fix the issue permanently?.

Regards,

Balaji K

0 Kudos

It should fix the problem, typically installing CR designer on the app server makes sure all of the runtime is available.

The way software from all sources work these days, Virus detectors, firewall's, OS patches, nothing can be guaranteed to work for ever. For now it should fix your problem but if not use Process Monitor and search on Access Denied or Missing dll's.

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

Don,

Thanks for the feedback. I found a CR Runtime ENV that helped resolve the issue,

Regards,

Balaji K