cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MICN - Batch input error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Expert,

I run t-code MICN for generate session cycle physical inventory but i have problem when process the result session with t-code SM35. The error message :

- Field name not valid in the batch input data (error message 00-346)

- Transaction MI01 (SAPMM07I screen 700)

Need help to solve this problem, thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have never seen such error in MICN or MI31 created batch input sessions. However, I have never run the sessions from SM35, I directly started them from MICN screens.

If you have not changed anything yourself (modification, user exit) then the only one who can help you with a program bug is SAP.

Please check OSS notes first

I found one note which lists a curiosity that could potentially cause this error:

Note 738827 - MI01 batch '=' in the first place cannot be used

avudaiappan_e
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

The error occurs because,

1. You tried to provide a field name in a screen with data using batch input, and the field does not exist

or

2. You tried to provide a field name in a screen with data using batch input, and the field's name is "Space" and/or has "Space"

as field value.

What you can do is

1. Correct the BDCDATA table by using a valid field name in the screen.

2. Use transaction SM35, function Session (F8) to analyze the session that was created, position the cursor on the screen

where the error occurred, and press Data (F16).

If the list of field names and values contains empty lines - that is field name and/or value are SPACE - you must change the report that creates the batch input sessions.

Thanks !

E.Avudaiappan

Edited by: Avudaiappan E on Jun 3, 2011 7:10 AM