cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collapse tray of a WDJ application from WDA application

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a SAP EP7.0 portal page which contains a Java WD iView and a WDA iView. Is it possible for the WDA Application to collapse/minimise the tray containing the WDJ application?

I am aware that the interface if_wd_portal_integration methods navigate_absolute can be used to open up an existing iView based on their PCD location.

Is this possible to get a reference to the iView ? I would be grateful for any ideas you may able to share.

TIA

John

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Use portal events. That is one of the way i think and i would use.

Fire a portal event from WDA application ,Subscribe this event in WDJ application. On the vent handler set the tray property

Former Member
0 Kudos

Unfortunately the WD4J is a standard SAP iView so I have very little control over that, Baskaran. The WD4A is the one that I have built.

Thanks anyway.

Cheers

John

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't exactly understand the problem. You have one page with a WD4J and with a WD4A iView, i.e. a page with two iViews? You want to collapse the tray of the WD4J iView dependant on an action taken on the WD4A iView? Please clarify.

regards, Lukas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lukas,

Thanks for your reply and sorry about the delay in replying - we had a 'long' weekend.

Yes, I have one page with two iviews - WD4J (HR employee search) and WD4A (initate process for employee selected above). The WD4A is a subscriber to the urn:com.sap.mss.employeesearch->selection_changed event.

When an employee is selected in the WD4J, I would like to collapse (or even hide) the WD4J iView (to conserve space mainly).

I have considered an alternative approach to close the current window and start the WD4A in an external window but that has been hindered mainly by the possibility of a pop-up blocker being turned on in the browser.

Hope that clairifies things a bit. TIA for your help.

Cheers

John