Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data origin mess while LSMW load

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

I have encountered very strange problem

Loading file was created counting on 'inheritance from superior location' functionality (with Work Center in particular-filed ARBPL)

Then, when load was completed, some FL's were having redio button 'indiv maintainance', while some 'superior FL'. If the value would be in load file it would populate regardless, but it looked very strange that radio buttons were selected by the system randomly..

so, the question is how I can enforce/default inheritance from superior location? I know I can maintain that at highest possible level and then it will cascade. I am not aware of any way to control it when uploading. Still, any ideas why would aforementioned occur and what's the best way to enforce data origin?

Thanks in advance

Sergey

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

so, I have actually figured out that when doing upload (LSMW in particular), all desired fields must be maintained, otherwise if left blank, system would assume it as 'indiv maintenance' and prevent it from populating from superior FL. I give an example

say you have

AA-001

AA-001-001

AA-001-002

if , e.g., work center and cost center need to be populated for AA-001-001, AA-001-002, the values must be maintained for all three FLs, even if that data are the same as in AA-001. Then data origin indicator gets set to "from superior FL".

If left blank, fields don't get populated and data origin is set to 'indiv maintenance'. That exactly what happened in our case, when it was assumed that if you maintain the vales at higher level (parent), the data will be cascaded to children, which turned to be wrong assumption.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Data Origin will be based on the data maintained for that particular technical object.

If you have maintained the Superior FL for the particular Sub FL & work center field has not been maintained for Sub FL, then work center will be inherited from Superior FL.

Else work center field will be filled up with that particular Sub FL work center.

Even if you change the data in any field manually which has been inherited from superior FL, then data origin will be changed from Inherited to Maintained manually.

Regards,

Maheswaran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

the problem was that it was assumed that FL hierarchy inheritence princple would work just fine, e.g. if work center is maintained in AA-BB then it will be automatically populate in AA-BB-01, AA-BB-02 etc.

Now it looks like there's no real control on enforcing data origin, unless you specify that for a particular field-the rest is a matter of testing..

any other suggestions?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can upload all the field what you want to inherit from Superior Functional location,

It will solve you problem.

Regards