cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

~ess~cat - Abs./Attn. Type dropdown values

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would like to modify the way the values has been in listed "Abs. / Attn. Type" dropdown column in CATS WebDynpro Application. currently, the values in the dropdown displayed as "Text (Code)" and sorted based on Text, but I want to change the display in Dropdown as "CODE - TEXT" and sort based on CODE. Is that possible? if so, where can i make the change. I tried looking at RFC and WebDynpro code, but not able to get hold of the place where we can change.

<removed by Moderator>

Thanks

Vijay

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

soldner
Participant
0 Kudos

Any luck?  I can modify the drop down values but not the order it is shown in the drop down.  We wish it to have the code in WD screen cell, not the text.

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

above FMs should help, can you check it

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

There are no exits available you need to use this

Now in CATS WD as you are aware uses different search help

ie CLASS CL_XSS_CAT_RFC_COMMAND_TOOLS method BUILD_F4_HELP

SAPLHRXSS_CAT_WEBDYNP / LHRXSS_CAT_WEBDYNPU02

FUNCTION / HRXSS_CAT_WD_F4_AWART

it filters deactivated ones from V_T554S_ESSEX.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siddhartha,

I looked at the RFC "HRXSS_CAT_WD_F4_AWART", and it's returning the Export Table with Code & Text in seperate columns. But, when I looked at the values in Dropdown in CATS iView, the values are formatted as "Text (Code)", probably, in WebDynpro Java Code, some where the values from RFC has been formatted and displayed in dropdown. Where can i find this code and make change the way there were displayed in Dropdown as "Code - Text"?

Please advice.

Thanks

Vijay

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

it has to be done in NWDI for formatting otherwise the dropdown help is constructed in code as shown above!

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried to find where it's doing and not able to find. If you have any information on it, please help me.

Former Member
0 Kudos

you may want to try the cats user exits catsnnnn where nnnn stand for 0001 till 0009 ... and depending on your spa version abd ep version some of these user exits do not reflect on the portal so read up the relevant release notes and docu available.

cheers