cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Append Structure in STD EXTRACTOR does not PUSH CHANGES TO PSA!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

Does some std. structure have already with APPEND STRUCTURE FIELDS ???...are those enhanced one by consultant or SAP Std???

For my issue , 2lis_11_v_itm, there is a code written in CMOD to fetch data from VBAP or VBKD if there is sales document no. matches...

So I feel coding also fine...THe PO number is at HEADER LEVEL.. WHen they do changes JUST to PO NUMBER...it does not reflect in BI Report. Ofcourse all my tables in R/3 are updated with new values of PO NUmber..but it is not pulled to BI when loading happened..

But the same PO Number, when they change any ITEM line with regard to any info..the changes are reflecting in BI Report.. WHat could be the reason ?? I dont know why?? Becoz my code doesn't incl.. item no.

ex: my current code in CMOD for this issue-----it just select the data from VBKD of the sales doc. matches from VBAP and VBKD.(no item number)..

Any ideas or suggestions???

Thanks a lot for your help..

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hopefully answered..based on one user responded

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any one can help me with DELTA ISSUE..wht would be if the DELTA dont push to PSA.though I seee all changes are effected in all SAP relevant tables..??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The datasource being ITM datasource, delta records will be triggered only when Item table is changed. CMOD code will not trigger delta.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Parthi

How can I prove that it will not?? They are saying that it should not be the case that it will not reflect when they just change the HEADER data, it should reflect they think. That's what even I thought and I explained.

Then I got confused it should not be the case as PO number is at header level, they changes are reflected in R3 but not in BI Report. Why? I can see R3 table are reflectted but not in BI.

Are you sure since the data source is at ITEM level, delta or changes for document will reflect only at ITEM level?? If so can you tell me how to clearly explain them and close this issue?

If needed at header level, they should use HEADER level datasource i.e VAITM , am I right ?

Thanks for your help.

Expecting your reply ASAP to close thiss issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

They use two datasources to make double confirm..

For schedule Line delivery and Item allocation data,

2lis_11_v_itm

2lis_11_v_ssl

Former Member
0 Kudos

For each change in schedule line level, delta record would be available for all 3 datasource. Schedule line, item and header.

and for each change in line item level, delta record would be available for line item and header datasource. Pls note here that schedule line datasource will not get any delta records.

similarly for each change in Header level, delta record would be available only in Header datasource and not in the line item and schedule line datasources.

So if you want to capture any header level changes, then you have to use Header level Datasource.

--- Thanks...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rookie,

Thanks a lot for your reply. How do you know this scenarios?

But as you said, for the change in PO Number, I can see the changes are available in Header and at VBKD which is Sales doc business data. Actually PO is refelcted in all my SAP transactions like SALES OVERVIEW screen, SCHEDULE LINE SCREEN, AT HEADER LEVE but not at ITEM LEVEL..

How my datasources i mentioned works based on the table VBKD which is Sales doc business data??

Also your schedule line is at item level and you should naturally see your change in PO number, right or wrong? as I see the PO Number at schedule line level as well in SAP transactions.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rookie,

Waiting for your response. as you had explained me clearly.Expecting your favorable reply/

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Can anyone help me with this PO Number issue for delta load?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The previous information is correct.

Only change in item level attributes will trigger a delta record for item level datasource. Changes in header level will not trigger item level delta records.

Once a delta record is generated, CMOD code is executed before pushing to BW.

So, for example, on day 1 at header level PO#1 has attribute A. Any item level data referring to PO#1 generated on this day will lookup header table and based on join, populate attribute as A.

On day 2,evn if PO#1 attribute changs to B, ifthere is no delta at item level, no CMOD code is triggered and your BW objects will continue to reflect A.

On day 3, if there are item level changes, delta is triggered and again CMOD code is triggered and you will get B in BW.

This is a common problem in BW world. If PO header data is not much, I recommend you create a "Z" characteristic as PO# and populate header data into this characteristic as its attributes. In BW ETL, you can map PO3 (0 Object) to this "Z" object and use it for reporting header level properties. This will always show latest data in BW.

Other alternativea are full load or InfoSeet.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Nikhil

Thanks a lot for your detailed explanation.. I was away for hols..that's why late reply

Look as you said they change only the PO Header, what you say is right..??

I can see the PO number changed at ITEM LEVEL for a TC...in R3...

But the problem is due to SAP tables VBKD, VBEP,..VBAP -

all these has Item no with doc no.....where PO number never referred to ITEM level... but in VBAK, referred to HEADER level..

SO NATURALLY I cant see data at item level...if I have doc no. and item no. together in my report, right or wrong?

If I remove the Item number from my report, can I see the PO number change?? we dont prefer to changing the existing design..if I add the new Zfield, then I need to refresh the load by doing re-init and delta again..right?

How full load can be retrieved if your datasource is DELTA enabled?

reply ASAP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If I remove the Item number from my report, can I see the PO number change??

Unfortunately, since the problem is at ETL level, removing field at report level will not resolve the issue.

-

we dont prefer to changing the existing design..if I add the new Zfield, then I need to refresh the load by doing re-init and delta again..right?

How full load can be retrieved if your datasource is DELTA enabled?

If your loads are PSA to DSO to DSO2 or Cube, you can delete the data in cube alone and do full loads, leaving PSA and DSO intact. The logic for lookup also needs to be in this area. Thus, there will be no need to initialize everytime. Only thing, you may need to look at load durtaion if you are doing a full load

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil,

Thanks a lot for your helpful answers. I dont think Full load is possible as it cause loading issue..

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI All

As Nikhil said if my CMOD cannot retrieve the ITEM level..then I cannot get into my BI as well..

pls double confirm...

I see PO numbers in table are at header level ...I dont see any PO number at I tem level in the tables,,

But I still can see in the TRANSACTION SCREEN at item level when the user enter the Item Qty...

Is our assumption right??

Thanks..Pls reply to close the issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any help to close this issue