Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

White Space Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am generating a file in ECC. Record length is 80 Char.

Data is 75 Char and 5 are white spaces. All is good.

The file is picked by PI , PGP encrypted , sent to the bank and original file is archieved.

The Archieved file is good as well with all 5 white spaces.

However the file received at the bank does not have the 5 white spaces.

Could not figure out where the problem is. Any clues would be appretiated.

Rgds,

Pranu

4 REPLIES 4

mvoros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

it seems that PGP strips end of line white spaces. Are you able to switch to binary mode?

Cheers

kiran_k8
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Pranu,

Initially from SAP, to where the file is getting extracted ?.If I am not wrong it will be to application server and from there PI picks the file, encrypts it and then transfers the file.If this is the case,

1.for testing download the file as .txt to desktop and do a CTRL+A on the file contents.To see selection is getting done for all the 80 charcters.If yes then no problem while downloading to desktop ie it is getting all the 80 charcaters inlcuding 5 spaces.

2.Check the file that is getting downloaded to application server and do a CTRL+A on the file contents of the file on the application server as explained above.If the file is getting downloaded to desktop fine but 5 spaces are getting truncated only when downloaded to application server then use the following subroutine before opening the dataset.

PERFORM set_trail_blanks(saplgrap) USING 'X'.
 PERFORM set_fixlen(saplgrap) USING c_zero '210'  "210 is the no of characters if it is 80 in your requirement,test it by giving 80

3.As far as my knowledge is concerned PGP encryption/decryption will neither truncate any spaces nor does any modifications to the file but just encrypts or decrypts.I may be wrong on this point

3.If the file is getting downloaded fine both at the desktop and also on the application server,then needs to be checked on PI end.I am not aware how PI processes the file transfer.

Thanks,

K.Kiran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kiran -

Step 1 and Step 2 are checked.

I can see the white spaces in the original file and also in the archieved file (file is archieved after PI dispatches it).

Martin - We are using a third party encryption tool called Advanco. I am not sure if it is creating a problem.

Our PI setup is just to pick the file , encrypt and send it. There is no processing at PI side.

Pranu

mvoros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would ask them if they've already noticed this behavior.

Cheers