Hello,

I encountered a problem during hierarchy loads from ECC to BW:

I get the following in BW:

Error when updating Idocs in Source System

Diagnosis

Errors have been reported in Source System during IDoc update:

Once I go into ERP and look at the IDocs I get the following message:

Idoc Error 26:

EDI: Syntax error in IDoc (segment cannot be identified)

Message no. E0078

Diagnosis

The segment E1RSSH does not occur at the current level of the basic type (extension ).

This error can have several reasons:

The segment E1RSSH is assigned to a group whose header segment does not occur.

The segment E1RSSH does not exist in the syntax description of the basic type (extension ).

The sequence of segments in the group in which the segment appears is incorrect.

Previous errors ('mandatory' segment or group missing) may be due to this error.

Procedure

Please check the IDoc or the syntax description of the basic type (extension ).

Can anyone help?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The most basic setting in a BW system is its connectivity with the R/3 system (which is a basis team activity, but BI consultant can always help).

Issue: While creating source system, I am getting an error "Segment E1RSSH does not exist".

Diagnosis

Segment E1RSSH is in the syntax description, but it does not exist.

The issue was that some of the entries in the table EDISEGMENT were missing.

As this a standard table, it is recommended to restore the table from Backup or from another BI system. (Please ask your basis team to do it.)

Now, the significance of the segments: We all know that we require 3 message types in total to communicate with R/3 system. RSRQST, RSSEND and RSINFO.

Now each of the message types has some segments which help in communication.

You can see this segment types in the t-code we30. Just enter the basic idoc type and click on display.

This error is not a common error, but can be useful if at any stage of implementation or support, the table gets disturbed and you have issues with source system connectivity.

Thanks

SM