Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Obsolete FM's in ECC standard Programs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone ,

We are doing SAP Technical Upgrade Project from 4.7 TO ECC 6.0.

1. We copied Our 4.7 system & Upgraded to ECC6.0.

2. All SPAU & SPDD issues are fixed .

3.All Z programs are corrected with Unicode flag & did the code corrections.

4. All WS_* & Obsolete FM's are corrected in the Z programs.

Now, the questions is still the Obsolete FM's are exist in the SAP standard programs after ECC 6.0 uprgade is done.

Example for all our Z table maintainance , we had already table maintainance generated suppling with Z Fun. grps in 4.7. when it is generated there is SAP generation code as below include's which is SAP standard .

LSVIMF0M

LSVIMF0O

LSVIMF1R

LSVIMF23

LSVIMF24

inside these FM , the Obsolete FM's used are

POPUP_TO_DECIDE

POPUP_TO_CONFIRM_WITH_MESSAGE

POPUP_TO_CONFIRM_STEP

After Upgrade is done to ECC 6.0, still the above Include aare having the above FM's .

Please can some one reply why after the system is upgraded still the Obsolete FM's are exsist in the SAP standard programs.

Also please tell us what to do ?

Regards,

Girish

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've never seen any benefit to replacing "obsolete" function modules in existing programs. Obsolete simply means that they shouldn't be used in new development because there are newer, better ways. But leave existing development alone. As you have seen, that's exactly what SAP does.

Rob

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Why would SAP (or any developer for that matter) rewrite code that works fine?

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

0 Kudos

Hi Rob Burbank / tam,

Thanks for the reply.

But we have been asked to replace the Obsolete FM's in the Z programs already written in 4.7 .those are written in year 2000 & 2002 .

One of Our Upgrade Team is from SAP labs , India . they only asked has to replace the Obsolete FM's ,even we told some of the Obsolete FM's are working fine , they are not poping in UCCHECK errors.SAP labs told it will not work sometime .

so we have to re-write.

One more , i have created new table in ECC, did Table maintainance generator - still the same Include's are used with same old Obsolete FM's.

The above mentioned programs are not stored in Z package , they are generated by SAP id and stored in SAP package .

SAP comment is wrriten before the include " not to do any change in the includes"

Regards,

GIrish

0 Kudos

If SAP Labs is suggesting you change them, then ask them.

Since it's SAP generated code, I'd leave it.

Rob

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Girish,

Please can some one reply why after the system is upgraded still the Obsolete FM's are exsist in the SAP standard programs.

Even though the includes that are generated while TMG are created automatically by standard SAP code, they are stored in customer namespace "Z Function Group" and hence are not touched during an upgrade.

Also please tell us what to do ?

You could regenerate the TMG, but guess what i just looked up one of my TMG in ECC 6.0 and i still see the FMs listed by you being used.

Hope your doubts are clear now

Regards,

Chen