SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Post FMCT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I did the FMCB and thereafter FMCT successfully, for a FI document. It so happens that instead of correcting the FI document, it correct the FM document of the PO.

Now when i goto correct the PO in FMCB, FMCB still says that the FI document has an older account assignment. For infact, I ran successfully FMCT on the FI doc type (910) and FMCT updated the FM document instead of FI follow-on document. How do I extend the FM document account reassignment correction to the FI document, so that I can go on with PO reassignment?

thanks for your help.

Nate.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Resolution :

Activate the FMCH BAdi, implement it with E_REASSIGN_ORIG_FI_DOC = 'X', in accordance with SAP Note 1487005 - Add method BAdI FMCH_BADI_2 for BAdI FMCH.

The approach that we are taking is creating the worklist by FMCB and converting it with FMCT, with FMCH implemented, as above.

Mar and Vanessa, kudos to you guys. Brilliant work! Thank you very much, greatly appreciate it.

Regards,

Nate.

PS : How can I split and assign the award points?

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

former_member184992
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nate,

I don't know which is your current release but for new releases you should run FMCN + FMCT for reassignment.

Please read the documentation in SE38 for the programs RFFMCHAN/RFFMCHAT.

After these programs you should run the correspondent reconstruction programs available in note 189761.

I suggest you to run the reconstruction program FMN0 using PO reference button. In this way you will correct all the documents of the chain. Afterwards, AVC should be reconstructed as also the note says.

In addition, I suggest you to read SAP help about the matter:

Account Assignment Derivation

http://help.sap.

com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/en/77/05f0629b6711d496d90000e835339d/framese

t.htm

I believe that this will resolve your issue.

Best Regards,

Vanessa.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vanessa,

We are on EA-PS 60405.

Issue :

For existing in-flight PO's (which has follow-on documents), we want to change either the fund or a fund center. Preferably fund, but due to Note - 1379542, I cannot do that as fund is an entity. therefore we decided to change the fund center in the PO's. We want the follow-on documents to have that changed values as well.

Problem :

This is what I am doing.

1) For an existing SRM PO, which has a follow-on document, I change the Fund center by FMCB and FMCT, keeping other account assignment unchanged.

2) fund center in the PO is changed. Fund center, as reassignment sender (Amt type 0600) and reassignment receiver(Amt type 0650) line items are changed in the FM follow-on document.

3) But when I look at the FI follow-on document, the new fund center is not changed. it stays with the old account assignment.

What i am looking for is, how to i change the FI follow-on document of a re-assigned PO to reflect a reassigned FM object. By doing FMN0, the FM documents are re-constructed but the FI document remains the same.

I dont want that. I want the FI document to be reconstructed based on the FM reassignment that I carried out.

Please advise.

Regards,

Nate.

0 Kudos

Hi Nate,

Please read the following note:

1226425 - How to reconstruct FM documents from FI based on PO item

I believe that this note will help you.

Best Regards,

Vanessa.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vanessa,

Appreciate the quick response.

1226425 note talks about reconstructing "FM" documents.

I want to reconstruct "FI" follow-on document. Is there a way to reconstruct FI document based on FM reassignment?

thanks for your help.

Regards,

Nate

mar_novalbos
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

To be able to reassign the external FI document, there are two possibilities:

a) Run FMCN and then FMCT.

With FMCN, the external FI document can be reassigned. With the other FMC* programs, you need the badi if you wish to update the external FI docs. Note that FMCN will call FMDERIVE, so you may have to check your derivation rules. After FMCT, you need to run FMN0 (see note 189761 as suggested by Vanessa)

Or, b) if you run any of the other FMC* tools prior to FMCT (for instance FMCB), you need to activate badi FMCH, method FMCH_BADI_2: force reassignment of the external FI document.

As you are on EHP4, you can use the available tools for reassignment as described in the online help:

Overall Selection

RFFMCHAG

Document Selection

RFFMCHAB

RFFMCHAN is generally intended to be used during initial fm data upload after subsequent Funds Management activation

These programs create a worklist for reassignment. The decission on what tool has to be chosen among these three programs depends on your business need

Last step is Conversion of the Worklist created in the previos step - RFFMCHAT

Please test this and let us know

Kind regards

Mar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mar,

Thank you for your wonderful insight. Appreciate that.

I tried your option 1. FMCN and then FMCT. that option actually inserted fund center, in the FI document, against the vendor line item. The expense line item stayed changed. The vendor line item didnt have any account assignment before but after FMCN/FMCT, I see a fund center against that line item. I selected only document without fund center option in the control of FMCN.

How can we change fund center against the expense line item ONLY?

Regards,

Gughanathan

mar_novalbos
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Gughanathan, that's some progress

I am unsure about what is the current status:

Then, with your FI document, what is the final result of FMCN+FMCT- Is it in this way?:

- The FI document got changed but the vendor line only, not the expense line

- Did the FM document get changed?

Well I would first ensure that FMDERIVE rules are not an issue. Please have a look at note [666322|https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/666322] and turn the trace of FMDERIVE on. Then, run FMCN in Test mode, with your FI document, and check the trace, to be sure that you get the desired account assignment in the output list (sender - receiver account assignment)

waiting for your news...

cheers

Mar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

Current Status of the test :

1) I run the FMCB, the PO's line item fund center account assignment gets changed. The FM follow-on document's reassignment gets changed to new fund center. The FI follow-on document's reassignment does not happen.

2) For the already reassigned PO, I tried to change the FI document with FMCN. The Expense line did not change but the vendor line item (which had blank assignment in entry view) got the new fund center inserted.

Recent Status of the test :

1) I activated the FMDERIVE. I ran FMCN (with PO and FI document as selection parameters), only FI document got picked up. The trace showed nothing to the affect of overwriting the reassigned value. All it does is based on the AP recon account, it brings in the commitment item and funded program. Which goes onto tell me that, FMCN is again trying to insert the fund center against vendor line item and not changing the expense account assignment!!

2) I re-ran the FMCN with just the PO selection. Nothing happened!.

Even if we get the expense line item reassigned we would still have the problem of vendor line item being reassigned!!! How can we avoid that?

Please advise.

Regards,

Nate

Edited by: Nate on Jun 13, 2011 4:02 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have carried over this issue to OSS. How do I close this thread?

Thank you. You guys rock!!!!! Keep up the good work.

Regards,

Gughanathan

mar_novalbos
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Nate,

we'll follow this up from the OSS then.

Just wanted to point out something:

FMCB and FMCN work differently and I think you should decide which one of them you need

- FMCB will change the external FI document only with the badi FMCH active. And FMCB updates the documents with the recevier account assignment entered in the sel.screen for the document chain

- FMCN should be able to change the external FI document, but you need to run FMN0 after FMCT to reassign the FM doc too.

btw, do not see a reason to run FMCN with an already reassigned PO..? if you reassigned the PO with FMCB already, ...and then run FMCN with the same PO, then FMDERIVE will be called...you may have different behavior if both operations are not consistent.,,

Anyway, if you agree, we can keep this thread open until final outcome. Meanwhile you can highlight the helpful answers in this forum see the [Engagement Rules|http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/HOME/Rules%20of%20Engagement?bc=true]

thanks!

Mar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Mar for the update.

And yes lets keep the thread open until the resolution. Fyi..Vanessa is helping me with the OSS.

Appreciate all your help.

Regards,

Nate

Edited by: Nate on Jun 14, 2011 2:54 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Resolution :

Activate the FMCH BAdi, implement it with E_REASSIGN_ORIG_FI_DOC = 'X', in accordance with SAP Note 1487005 - Add method BAdI FMCH_BADI_2 for BAdI FMCH.

The approach that we are taking is creating the worklist by FMCB and converting it with FMCT, with FMCH implemented, as above.

Mar and Vanessa, kudos to you guys. Brilliant work! Thank you very much, greatly appreciate it.

Regards,

Nate.

PS : How can I split and assign the award points?

mar_novalbos
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Nate, thanks for the feedback and good news

Sometimes, checking the scenario in a live system directly is easier and faster

keep up the good work!

cheers

Mar