cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal report times out when running from the CMC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi - I have this strange issue for one particular report, the report run fine from the local machine but when i publish it on the server and make the report to run it takes ever to run a report and at last it throws the error Timeout[RCIRAS0244].

I am using the crystal reports 2008 with Business Objects XI R3.1 SP2.

I am not sure how to overcome this issue and where to look into on the server .Any helps greatly appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Locally it takes approximately 2mins to run...I am using crystal report viewer 2008......

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did anyone find a resolution for this? I'm having exactly the same problem with one of our clients. A report that normally takes under a minute to run took forever (still running after 2hours) yesterday. Looking in the Windows Event Viewer, I could see errors from BusinessObjects_crcache, error details "Timeout (RCIRAS0244)" and BusinessObjects_CMS error "The schedule result provided by the job server for the object identified by 11085595 is invalid"

Also, the SQL server memory usage in Task Manager is up to about 3.6GB, which has been another concern for our client too).

I've not checked the timeouts but I saw this other post which advises looking at the timeout settings: http://scn.sap.com/thread/1203362.

Any ideas?

former_member182521
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ian/Rajshekar,

Have you checked the Idle connection time and Idle Job Timeout setting of Crystal Report Processing Server. try changing them from 20 to 60 minutes.Also change the idle connection timeout of Crystal Report Cache Server value to 60 minutes.

If you are using BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 3.1 Service Pack 2, Apply Fix Pack 2.10. This is mentioned in Note :1536503.

Also refer the Note 1407795 which specifies a printer configuration related issue.

Regards,

Mani

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'd just been trying instructions in SAP note: 1407795 when this reply came through.... I can confirm this worked for me.

The error codes I found in the Windows Event viewer, both yesterday and today are listen below:

RCIRAS0240

RCIRAS0622

RCIRAS0567

RCIRAS0244

The issues that are described in this post and the ones I have seen first-hand  when the screen hangs when viewing this report on-demand, or the report running for a longer than expected time when scheduled, are covered by the above error codes. 

A known cause of the issues you are experiencing is that when these particular reports were created, a network printer was specified as the default printer, this printer may now either be unavailable, IP address may have changed, etc.

There do seem to be two options available:

Option 1 - Remove the printer driver dependency

1. Open this report in the Crystal Reports Designer.
  2. Under the File menu, click on Page Setup.
  3. Select the No Printer option.

Option 2 - Add or correct the printer that the report is designed with

1. Open the Report in the Crystal Reports Designer
  2. Under the File menu, click on Page Setup
  3. Make not of the printer that is listed in the Page Setup dialog
  4. Log on to the BusinessObjects Enterprise Server that houses the Crystal Reports Processing Servers.
  5. Make sure you log in as the user account that runs the Crystal Reports services.  This is generally the account that runs the Service Intelligence Agent (SIA)
  6. Go to Control Panel and click on Printers
  7. Ensure that the same printer is configured on the server that is used in the Crystal Report
  8. In the printer already exists, try removing it and re-adding it.
Former Member
0 Kudos

How long does it take to run locally? What viewer do you use?