cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Query Generator - Need to create query with non native SAP tables

V33_Mike_White
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi folks, I have a table that shows up in Microsoft SQL Management Studio as a System Table that was created from the Trimergo add-on. I need to create some formatted searches against this table, however, it does not show up as a valid table in Query Generator. Tried generating a query anyways using the table name and no luck. Table is called trimergo.planning.

In Query Generator I tried:

SELECT * FROM trimergo.planning

SELECT * FROM $[trimergo.planning]

Nothing seems to work.

Does anyone know how to address a non native SAP table in the Query Generator?

Thank you.

Mike White

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

V33_Mike_White
Explorer
0 Kudos

As it turns out, metadata is not created for 3rd party added tables into the database. You can still query them, however, you have to paste the query into Query Manager already build.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

You do not have option to add table to Query Generator. If you know the exact table name, you can write query directly.

Is this table within B1 database or not? If it is a UDT, it need @ in front.

Thanks,

Gordon

V33_Mike_White
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks for reply Gordon, table name is trimergo.planning. that is the exact table name as listed in Microsoft SQL Management Studio. Selecting @trimergo.planning does not work. I tried this. I also tried @dbo.trimergo.planning and no luck. I think the table may belong to a schema called trimergo, with the table name being planning. I think this because instead of dbo.tablename as other tables, it's trimergo.planning.

So I think the problem is generating a query for a table that exists in the same database, different schema. There has to be a way to do it.

Regards,

Mike White

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check who is the owner of this table.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Mike

I think the table is used for 'Report-Selection criteria' so that it wont come in 'Query Generator' eventhough it is standard table but it will exist in the database so the query wont work for this in 'Query Generator'

Edited by: kambadasan on Jun 3, 2011 3:18 PM