cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to delete sales order line item

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus:

I have a situation where I have to delete two line item in the sales order but this is the error message I am getting -

Item 000010 cannot be deleted because of subsequent document 8000000

Message no. V1489

But the delivery is already deleted or archived but in the sales order document flow it says the delivery is open which is strange and when I click the display the delivery document this is the error message I am getting.

Delivery 8000000 does not exist in the database or in the archive

Message no. VL559

Any help would be appreciated.

thanks

Babu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Could you please check VBFA and item level number does it show any thing regarding any other delivery.

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I faced the same issue an year back and we tried various documents using the document number it showed, and finally realised that it is a production order. If ur system has PP module also and you have TOR functionality on in SD, then I advise you to check all the kinds of orders and deliveries namely PO, Production order, Assembly order, outbound delivery, Inbound delivery, production order, assembly order etc. Pls check all these docuemnts with the document number shown. I am sure you will get one of these documents with this number.

In my case, I could find teh link to a production order, which happened to be an assembly order, which had various production orders linked to it. Some of the production orders also were lreleased with cost postings. So I had to reverse all the postings from costing documents upto the assembly order. Only after that I was able to put a reason for rejection for the line tiem in the sales order.

You cannot delete the item per se, but you can put a rejection reason and that is after cancelling all the links to the item.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am facing the same issue now with an item linked to a production order, the confirmations are cancelled and the order closed. I am still not able to put a reason for rejection to the line item in the sales order, so I think there are cost postings as you mentioned, however I don't know how to find the cost postings and also how to reverse them.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Go to VA02, key in that sale order and check the document flow. Update the forum what system is showing against that sale order. It should be open; only then, you will be able to delete the line item or delete the sale order.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venugopal ,

As you said that delivery open in document flow of sale order but does not exist when you are trying to display the delivery in VL02N /VL03N , right ?

It means that SAP table properly not updated .

Kindly check the table VBFA ,LIKP ,LIPS .

I guess that you do not get data in table LIKP and LIPS but delivery no showing in VBFA against the sale order .

If I am correct than Its inconsitensy of data you need to contact with BASIS or SAP .

regards ,

Sunil Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes thats right. Thanks for your help. I am going to file a message to SAP.

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Before contacting SAP, try running program SDVBUK00 in t.code SA38 for the sales document and check again.

Regards,

former_member182609
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It seems you are looking at old sales order.If yes the delivery document should have archived .Check in VL22 transaction against that delivery.If it is deleted you can see who is deleted the delivery.If the document is archived then you need to contact SAP to remove the document line items.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sridhar:

I did check VL22 but no change log exist for this delivery.

former_member303858
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the below link, it might help you.

Regards,

SB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satish:

Even thought it is similar error message but the scenario is different. Sales order document flow say is delivery is open but the delivery is deleted or archived. Even in that case I am not able to delete the line items in the sales order.

If the delivery is deleted or archived why would the sales order still thinks that the deliveyr is open. How can we correct this?

Any insight would be great help.

thanks

former_member303858
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is getting intersting.. You say when you got to document flow you are able to see the delivery number..right??

Try to click on the delivery number and click on display button.. let us know what happens..

Also you say that when you are going through t code VL03N, system says delivery id deleted or archieved right.

Let us know.. i asked this just to get an insight and to analyse and help you.

SB

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Sridhar:

Whether you go thorugh VL03N or document flow the error message is the same: Delivery is deleted or it has been archived.

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Babu,

Have you tried try placing your cursor on the header filed & checking the document flow, sometimes that could be misleading as by default only the line item selected would show the document flow.

Also, may be you can check for entries in VBFA table to see if there are any subsequent documents on that sales order to ensure that nothiing is present?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venu,

u can select the line item and close the line item by using reason for rejection.

Thanks

Shri..

former_member303858
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check for those line items if they have any purchase requisition or a purchase order created.

If yes you will have to take care of them also.

Let us know..

SB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satish:

There are no Purchase requistions for these sales orders.

thanks