cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPC 7.5 SP4 - Modify Application hanging

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

We are trying to migrate our AppSet from BPC 7.0 SP4 to BPC 7.5 SP4 (Which is the latest version that supports Windows 2008).

After I restore the appset using "Server Manager" and modifying the application it is hanging with no error in step 9/9 "Get application information"

Environment Details:

Windows 2008 R2 (Both Application and Database Nodes) & SQL Server 2008 SP2 (VMware).

FYI - I am also facing the issues posted in this thread -

Please let me know in case you need any more details in this regard.

Venu S

Edited by: Venugopal Saride on Jun 2, 2011 8:36 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

sorin_radulescu
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

If the process if taking longer than 1 hour then it is an explanation.

Into web.comfig file from folder D:\PC_MS\Websrvr\Web you have the follo line:

<httpRuntime maxRequestLength="102400" executionTimeout="3600"/>

So the Admin console is not answer anymore because of timeout.

You have to increase the executionTimeout parameter to be for example 36000 (10 hours) and see if this will solve your problem.

Kind Regards

Sorin Radulescu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sorin. I will check this and let you know.

Just to add another note. If I try to perform "Full Optimize" it hangs in "Compress fact data". Is it something to do with Analysis server settings?

Thanks & Regards,

Venu S.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Experts,

This behavior is strange "Modify Application" / "Process Data step during Optimization" and "Load & Process" task in SSIS is failing only if the FACT table has more data.....like If I reduce the archival data everything works perfectly fine.

The same operation is working perfectly fine in previous environment

Current Environment

Windows 2008 R2 64-Bit (Both App & DB) & SQL Server 2008 SP2 - Both the server are VM with 4 CPU and ample amount of memory

Previous Environment

Windows 2003 32-Bit (Both App & DB) & SQL Server 2005 SP3 - Both the server are Physical with 8 CPU and ample amount of memory

Please Advise

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venu,

If the issue is with a particular application, please check for unwanted bad records in the Fact tables.

Take a backup of the records in the Fact tables of that application first.

Please check for records with Source column not equals to 0, or records with dimension members not as non-calculated members. Sometimes, some dimension members could have been removed from the dimension, but some records for the same might still exist in the Fact tables.

Remove those records and proceed with the full optimization with compress database.

Hope this helps.

Karthik AJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sorin,

I don't have this problem in AppShell but I have this problem in the our own customized AppSet. Apshell is installed by the setup.

I didn't try to process the dimensions before modification.

Regards,

Venu S.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venu,

Please process all the dimensions and applications together and proceed further.

Karthik AJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Karthik,

Sorry for the delay in response. I did process the dimensions and application hangs in the end of the step even in dimension processing when i select "Applications" with FULL process option.

I tried multiple solutions and did the installation so many times and came with a conclusion that the issue is because of Large FACT table. It is working fine in the applications where thee is less records in the FACT table (ex:- ApShell)

Does anyone face this issue? How do we overcome or solve this issue. Any help on this is much appreciated.

Thanks in Advance

Regards,

Venu S.

sorin_radulescu
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Do you have this problem for a specific appset or actually this is happening for any modify application from any appset including appshell?

This information will help us to understand if it is an installation problem or it is something specific for your appset.

Did you try to process all dimensions and after that to do modify application?

Regards

Sorin Radulescu