cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add-on Excution Failed in 8.81

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ,

I have recompiled an Add-on in 8.81 with VS2010, it has been installed with no problem but when i try to launch it, it gives me the following Error: "Add-on Excution Failed".

I have tested the 2007 A version of the add-on and it works in 8.81 environement !

could you please give me some help with this issue ?

Best Regards

Abderrahim

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just for the record.

Who uses B1DE, option "B1 AddOnInstaller VB Setup. NET"

Following the idea of Boukhris Abderrahim, I made ​​the following changes in the project, and solved the problem.

Open SubMain.sb and change the line:

strAddOnPath = strCmdLineElements.GetValue (0)

to:

strAddOnPath = IO.Path.GetFullPath (strCmdLineElements.GetValue (0))

Open CustomInstallerClass.vb (Right click> ViewCode) and change the line

targetDir Context.Parameters.Item = ("target")

to

targetDir = IO.Path.GetFullPath (Context.Parameters.Item ("target"))

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Boukhris,

Try to re-assign references to SAPbobsCOM and SAPbouiCOM.

I mean, remove these references from your project and then add it back.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ,

Thanks for answer I have alredy did this two or three times, the add-on works correctly by debugin from Visual Studio but when I Install it, it steel gives me the previsous error .

Regards

Abderrahim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Some times Addon will work Admin login.try this way.

Regards,

Siva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have already try this but it's not that. I have opened a message with SAP support and we did a webex, they said that it could be the VMWARE version we are know triyin different tests to see what is the problem exactly .

Regards

Abderrahim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ,

We have investigated the isseu with SAP Support Team , here are some important lines of the conversation

If you open the SAP Business One install folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP\SAP Business One) you will see a file called AddOnsLocalRegistration.sbo. This file contains information about the installed addons. Open the file in Notepad and you will see that there's an extra '\' at the end of that 'Path' for your addon.

The workaround is to update the AddOnsLocalRegistration.sbo file, remove the last '\' from Path, and then you can start the addon.

The reason for this is that in your Visual Studio Project -> Setup SEB Corp Add-on -> View -> Custom Actions -> Install -> Primary output from SEB Corp AddOn InstallDLL (Active) -> CustomActionData, y ou had the target directory set to "[TARGETDIR]\". I believe this was standard behaviour in previous versions of Visual Studio. But looking at the following Microsoft articles, it appears that the usa ge/definition of TargetDir has changed:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/2w2fhwzz(VS.71).aspx

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/c02as0cs.aspx

It appears that Windows XP compensates for this extra backslash, but Windows 7 does not.

Unfortunately if you remove the backslash from "[TARGETDIR]\" in CustomActionData, it can result in:

"Error 1001. Exception occurred while initializing the installation:

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly

..."

I have found a way to avoid the extra backslash

in my SBO Installer project I used to do an intruction like this

sInsFld = GetInstallDir()

in this case sInsFld have an extra backslash

I replace it by this new instruction and it works

sInsFld = IO.Path.GetFullPath(GetInstallDir())

Hope it helps