cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Held PO created in ECC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We are on SRM 7.0, ECC 6.0 (Classic Scenario).

After my SC is ordered and approved it creates a PO in held status in ECC. Hence I am unable to do GR and IV against this PO.

What could be the reason for this? Is there some data mismatch?

PS : We are not on ECC (Ehp 4)

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Generally a PO is created in HELD state when there is some missing data. Does the PO have the vendor and Account assignment data filled.?

You can also logon to ECC and click on Check for the intended PO or check for Messages in ME23N. It would give an hint on what is missing.

Regards,

Sapna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sapna,

Yes, the PO does have vendor and account assignment details.

Also when I check the PO in ME23n, there are no errors. I only get a warning message that says : "No message generated for output of purchasing document".

Also if I go to edit mode and then immediately save my PO, the held status no longer exists. Standard PO is then created without making any changes..

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

You sure you not on SRM70 EHP1 right?

If yes then check the settings here

SAP Supplier Relationship Management-SRM Server-Cross-Application Basic Settings-Service Procurement-Define Status for Purchase Orders in Back-End System

_regards

Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

I think the issue may be because you are entering the Supplier value in the "Preferred Vendor" field in the shopping cart.

Try adding it in the Fixed vendor field.

Have you also set the Output messages for the ECC PO.

Cheers - Akash

Former Member
0 Kudos

@ Sam : We are not on Ehp 1

@ Akash : I am assigning a fixed vendor not a preferred one. Even if I assign a preferred vendor, the SC goes to SOCO from where the purchaser assigns a vendor.

I have set the output messages for ECC PO by defining condition records under NACE, but it is not picked up in the HELD PO that is created in ECC.

Also I am able to create a standard PO in ECC manually by using the same SC data...however from the SC it always creates a HELD PO.

Pl let me know if and how I can debug the BAPI_PO_CREATE_1 to investigate this behaviour

Regards