cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic iView Display in a Page

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts !

Help me displaying an iView on portal page dynamically based upon an event from another iView on the same page. Where both the iViews are developed using Web Dynpro ABAP.

-Kalyan.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you're using java (Dynpage or WedDynpro), you could access the PCD and modify the page where your iview belongs :

you got the "base" iview visible, and all others iview are present, but set as invisible. Depending on the situation, your "base" iview can then modify the visibiliy of the others iview in the page. a link about it here : [Sap Library|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/44/6aaf92f5a23672e10000000a114a6b/content.htm]

Another possibility is to use eventing for the same effect, each iview waiting for a set of event, and displaying nothing if this is not the event that is supposed to make them appears.

Regards

Guillaume

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guillaume !

Is there a possibility for me to achieve the same functionality with Web Dynpro ABAP ? Is there a method/ Procedure to write JAVA Script inside ABAP Classes and register them with EPCF ?

Regards,

Kalyan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kalyan,

The best solution would be EPCM.doNavigate. You can pass parameters (if you want to) or can call another iview directly on click of an event.

Regards,

Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

When we say navigation isn't it going to replace the iview with another iview which is called in the page?

-kalyan.

pramod_gopisetty1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nalini,

It's upto you, whether you want to open the page in new window or replace and open in same window.

Cheers-

Pramod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pramod,

I have a requirement to open a dynamic iview in the same window next to a static iview on trigger of an event from the static iview i.e., my static iview will always be displayed and dynamic iview can be changed based upon the events triggered from static iview.

Navigation would work like next and previous which doesn't fulfill my requirement.

Thomas can you tell me if this is possible, since I don't find anything of this kind on sap service portal either.

Thanks,

Kalyan.

Edited by: Nalini Kalyan Nallagonda on Jun 4, 2011 6:06 AM

pramod_gopisetty1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Nalini,

For your requirement try using Object Based Navigation. With this you can call iview based on an event like Button Click or so.

The link below will give you some idea and within the link there is a sample application with OBN

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/e4/f86f4132f15c58e10000000a1550b0/content.htm

Hope this helps.

Cheers-

Pramod