cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reprot based on SQL server ODBC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am presently tryinf to create webi report in Web intelligence. we are using BO XI R2 Sp6 - Solaris Server. Now to connect to SQL server i have created ODBC DSN for universe and its working fine. even deski reports based on that universe working fine. Now when i try to run reports on Web intelligence it shows me following error

Database Error :[Data Direct] [ODBC], Data source name not found and no driver specified

I only want reports on ODBC as OLEDB is not configured while installing server.

Please guide how can i overcome the problem above

thanks

nirav

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Universe connection and universe parameters are fine, asi said Deski report sare working well with that universe.

Problem might be some configuration which needs to be done on Unix server as web server is going to connect Webi server which is hosted on Solaris/Unix

Anyone has configured parameters on solaris/Unix with SQL server as database for universes?

thanks

nirav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Webi web client or Rich client?

Former Member
0 Kudos

its webi web client as we are on BO XI R2 Sp6

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

You will need to set up the DSN on the Webi server.

I would strongly recommend changing changing the universe connection from ODBC to OLEDB. It normally performs better and you don't need to set a DSN connection up on each machine.

Regards,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

thanks for response

While i try to create OLEDB connection in Designer(New Connection->Microsoft 2005->OLEDB Providers) it says , "data access driver is not available" not sure whats missing and how can i fix this to get OLEDB working

on the other hand for ODBC if i have to update webi server where i can do it to make ODBC working.

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

You would need to login directly to the server where BO is installed and then create the ODBC DSN on that machine, with the exact same name and other parameters as the one you have on the machine where you say Deski connects okay. That should work.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

It sounds like either a missing or out of date MDAC. What version are you on?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Nirav,

Are you sure the report is pointing to the correct universe? If you go into edit query and select the button next to the universe, do you see it, and is it in the correct path? If the universe connection is working fine, then the report should work fine if it is pointing to the same universe. Also, did you export the universe to the CMS?

Thanks