cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to handle if we need to re-load/replenish component after one SFC START

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am trying TBCT(Time Based Component Tracebility) function and would like to ask a question.

For example,

1. Resource's SLOT_QTY_DECREMENT at POST_START.

2. Material MAT_01, lot_size = 2

3. BOM BOM_01, assemble time based component COM_01 at Operation OPR_01, assembleQty =1

4. I modeling one slot configuration and set COM_01 at SLOT S1.

5. I load/replenish COM_01's inventory INV_01 into S1 and Slot_qty =1

6. When I Start one SFC SFC_01(POD), it will consume Slot's qty 1 and now Slot S1 is empty.

7. Because SFC_01 need to consume COM_01 2 qty, so SFC_01 still need last 1 qty.

8. I load/replenish COM_01's into S1 and slot_qty = 5

The Question is

a. When I Compelete the SFC_01, ME will also consume the last 1 qty automcatically? Because I set Resource's SLOT_QTY_DECREMENT at POST_START.

b. When SFC_01 status is Active (After Start), any function can do consume the last 1 qty manually?

c. If not, I don't know how to handle if we need to re-load/replenish component after one SFC is already START.

Hope someone can help me.... thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Cary

The purpose of the hook is just to decrement the inventory in the slot. Timebased component traceability will report the total quantity required by the BOM was consumed. You can see this if you start and SFC, then replenish it whilst it is active. The as-built report will show both inventory records were consumed, and twice as much quantity as was required in the BOM.

If you perform multiple replenishments, after the SFC is started and before it is complete, then the system just reports them all. In essence, it does not know which exact inventory IDs were consumed for this particular SFC. It's a limitation of timebased, and it's safer to over-report that the SFC may have used an inventory ID as not.