cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Report Crosstab Page Number Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I am creating the crystal report which has variable column fields, so the number of pages are variable.

The issue is, When i place the page number on the footer, It display only at the end of the page saying '1 of 1', I read lot of forums regarding this issue but didn't get resolved yet.

My crosstab is in the report header, I even tried the dummy group and placed the cross tab in that group. In that case i am getting '1 of 1' in all the pages.

Can you guys please help me to resolve this issue

Thanks

Vijay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

Try this Knowledge base article : It works for all cr versions

Symptom

In Crystal Reports (CR) 9, a cross-tab needs to have page numbers for its virtual pages in the format:

"1", "1-1", "1-2", and so on.

How can the virtual pages of a cross-tab be numbered?

Resolution

Virtual pages can be numbered by conditionally formatting the 'Display String' property of a Cross-Tab field.

Displaying Page Numbers in Cross-Tab Virtual Pages

-

1. Right-click the top-left of a cross-tab and click 'Cross-Tab Expert'.

2. In the 'Cross-Tab Expert' dialog box click the 'New Formula' button, then name the formula 'Page Number'.

3. In the Formula Editor enter a blank space (" ") then click the 'Save' button. Close the 'Formula Editor' dialog box.

4. In the 'Cross-Tab Expert' dialog box select this formula from the 'Available Fields' box and move it to the 'Columns' box. Use the 'Up' arrow for the 'Columns' box to move it to the top of this box.

5. Click the 'OK' button to close the 'Cross-Tab Expert' dialog box.

6. Right-click the 'Column #1 Name' field on the cross-tab and click 'Format Field'. The 'Format Editor' dialog box will appear.

7. On the 'Common' tab click the 'X+2' button next to 'Display String'.

8. Enter the following formula in the 'Format Formula Editor':

global numbervar PageNum;

PageNum:= PageNum + 1;

if PageNum > 1 then "Page # " + totext(pagenumber,0) + "-" + totext(PageNum - 1,0)

else "Page # " + totext(pagenumber,0)

9. Click the 'Save and Close' button to close the 'Format Formula Editor' then click the 'OK' button to close the 'Format Editor' dialog box.

When previewing the report, the cross-tab will display "1" for the first page and then "1-1, 1-2" and so on, for the subsequent virtual pages. Navigating to page 2 will show "2" for the first virtual page followed by "2-1, 2-2" and so on.

Background

-

'Virtual pages' are the pages on a cross-tab from left to right as opposed to the actual pages that are accessed through the 'Navigation' buttons.

When you create a cross-tab that is wider than the specified page size, CR automatically spans the printing across enough pages to accommodate the width of the cross-tab. In the Preview tab, a line will appear at each page break.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sastry,

Thanks much for your time, I tried this technique but its for horizontal page number. i tried in rows but it looks ugly

Is that anyway i can do it in page footer?

Thanks

VJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

I created a dummy group formula and grouped on that

@dummyGroup

whilereadingrecords;

" "

Placed cros tab in group header and pages counted correctly as 1 o n etc.

Are you sure you do not have pagenumber reset in section expert?

Ian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lan,

Thanks for your reply, I tried before it couldn't work but i tried different now, I checked the the option "New Page Before" in Section Expert.

Now i am getting the page number 1 of 2 and 2 of 2 but the first page is blank and the real report start from second page, from the second page i am getting 1 of 2, 2 of 2 ... etc

If i uncheck the "New Page Before" then i back to square one issue, All page showing 1 of 1.

I am some what closer to the issue, Do you know where i am going wrong?

Please help me out of this issue

Thanks

VJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry...My bad...its working now.

My mistake.....in report heading by mistake i checked the "Reset Page number after" which i didn't noticed

Former Member
0 Kudos

For the solution mentioned above with putting the Page Number formula into the crosstab as column #1...

I have a report with two separate crosstabs (second crosstab is in a subreport).  I am wondering how I can get the page numbers on the second crosstab to continue numbering where the first crosstab left off instead of restarting page numbers as it is doing now.

Answers (0)