Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Query to show stock value per group

former_member834429
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

Would it be possible to create a query which would show me the stock value per item group in SAP? I know this can be done through Stock Audit report etc, but as we have over 300 item groups I would like to see a report which show me only the group name and the stock value within that group.

Thanks

Geoff

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Geoff,

You may check:

Thanks,

Gordon

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Geoff......

What is your valuation method?

because mostly the value of the Item as per group depends on Valuation Method......

Regards,

Rahul

former_member834429
Participant
0 Kudos

stock valuation method is FIFO but having run Gordon's query it is only about 2% out from the actual stock balance which is acceptable for this purpose. if you have a more accurate way then let me know but every method I have tried using FIFO is crashing my PC! thanks, Geoff

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would like to know what those 2% consists. Please find some examples for me to analyze.

former_member834429
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gordon,

The 2% will be because in almost all cases the query is using Last Purchase Price to calculate the value, but the stock balance on 130000 account in Financials is being generated from the FIFO values of stock. It is a problem we come up against a lot in calculating stock values - we probably wouldnt have gone down the FIFO route originally had we known!

Regards

Geoff

Former Member
0 Kudos

In that case, it is good enough to do analysis. I don't think to make it 100% correct is the number one priority in your system.