cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

0UNIT Mapping

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have an easy question that has me stumped and I need some guidance.

I have created a generic datasource and need to pull the data into a DSO. In the table/datasource, there are 5 fields coming over that contain unit of measure values. To bring those fileds into my level 1 DSO, since I can't create new UofM InfoObjects, how do I do this so it makes sense? Is it possible to map all 5 fields from the datasource to just 0UNIT in the DSO?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hi,

If you mapp all 5 units to same 0UNIT, then you will get worng data in DSO.

You can create unit infoobjects with 0UNIT as reference.

if u have 5 diff units coming from source, then u need 5 diff units in DSO to b mapped.

Here you can create unit info objects - Hand Unit, PO Unit, Common Unit, Base Unit, and Qty Unit with all as ref from 0UNIT.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Keith,

Yes you can use 0unit in your dso, if you had multiple unit of measure, then you will be forced to create another one after using all the standard one, but that is not the case here.

thanks.

Wond

Former Member
0 Kudos

So in my DataSource, I have Hand Unit, PO Unit, Common Unit, Base Unit, and Qty Unit. In my DSO, I just have 0UNIT and I can map all 5 of these to that one 0UNIT? Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

No you can't map all to 0unit, how that can be correct? If you have several units of measure, then for sure for each you should map to a different object. I recommend you to go in your system to rsd1 and check standard units which is reference object of 0unit. There should be several of them, please use those units (0target_qu, 0dur_unit and so on.).

thanks.

Wond