Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help regarding De bugging

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I want to debug some background job, which are scheduled by some standard transactions.

I tried it this way, going to SM37, select the JOB, and type in JDBG and then debug the same.

But unfortunately, as I continue debugging I was able to see only the code, tha schedules the

Job. I want to actually debug that code which gets executed as a part of the job.

I am not sure if I am missign something. Can some one please suggest on how can I exactly

proceed on this.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks & regards,

Y Gautham.

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Place a breakpoint in ABAP editor for the program, Once you are in debug mode through JDBG, Execute ( F8 ) to stop at the breakpoint.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi sir,

you directly execute in se38 not in background than you get the code as background have running several programs

thanking you.

0 Kudos

Hi All,

This is a standard transaction, FPVB, when ever you run the transaction,

it automatically offers you with two options, that is whether to run the background job,

immediately or schedule the job.

I tried puttign a break point, but did not work.

Thanks & regards,

Y Gautham

0 Kudos

Hi,

You can n't execute job which schedule but not executing. If you keep break-point in program and run in background you can n't execute too also.

You can execute background job which is currently executing.

Step to execute the background job.

1) Run Transaction sm66

2) Observer work process which executing your jobs.

3) select that work process and click on debugging on toolbar.

After that debugging will start.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is your job completed?

JDBG is used for debugging already finished or cancelled jobs. I am not sure about the scheduled jobs.

Transaction SM37

Select particular job (finished or cancelled)

Enter JDBG in command center

Press F7 till you come to background report

Debugging finished job is nothing but running the same job again in foreground with background attributes(eg: sy-batch = X when you debug).

0 Kudos

Hi Gautam,

Once the background job is created , go to SM37 check for the job that got created , then check the checkbox gainst that job , then mention "jdbg" at the place where you mention Transaction names .

Note : do not give /njdbg just give jdbg

and then press enter .

Prerequiste : Place a breakpoint in the program which you want to debug.