Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to reset the Extended Value Selector functionality for an input field

pradeep_kumar5
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am using code for Extended Value Selector Functionality like this

IModifiableSimpleValueSet CompDescriptionvalueset = wdContext.getNodeInfo().getAttribute(IPrivateBOMandRecipeView.IContextElement.COMP_DESC).getModifiableSimpleType().getSVServices().getModifiableSimpleValueSet();

for(int i=0;i<wdContext.nodeItem_38().size();i++)

{

String CompNumber = wdContext.nodeItem_38().getItem_38ElementAt(i).getMatnr();

String CompDescription = wdContext.nodeItem_38().getItem_38ElementAt(i).getMaktx();

CompDescriptionvalueset.put(CompDescription ,CompNumber );

}

I created comp_desc in context and using that as a input field.

For Input field i am using this EVS code.

Now i want to re-set the EVS functionality, i.e i want to use this input field as simple input field.

May i know what is the code to be used.

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Pradeep Kumar G

Edited by: pradeep_546 on Jun 3, 2011 10:02 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

To clear the values in the EVS, use CompDescriptionvalueset.clear().

But I'm not sure I understand your question fully though. If you say you want to use the field just as an input field and not as an EVS, I don't think you can 'undo' an EVS once you use that piece of code. Use a separate input field and hide it or make it visible based on conditions.

Thanks & Regards,

Vaishnavi

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

pradeep_kumar5
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vaish,

Thanks for your reply.

It only clears the entries of EVS. It doesn't show's the input field as normal Input field which accepts manual data.

Regards,

Pradeep Kumar G

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

Yup, thats what I said. It only clears the values. I don't think you can undo the EVS once you write that piece of code. We also had a similar requirement, so what I did was created 2 input fields on the screen. One as a plain input field and the other as an EVS. Make only one field visible at a time based on certain conditions.

Thanks & Regards,

Vaishnavi