cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enter Invoice before Service Entry for Service POs?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a question that I am hoping someone can answer.

As per standard process, in order to enter an invoice for a service PO, the service entry should be posted and accepted. This is the standard service procurement process, i.e. a 3 way match process for service POs (PO - Service Entry - Invoice).

We have a request to be able to enter an invoice for a service PO (that will go on block) before entering the service entry sheet; once the service entry sheet is entered and accepted, the invoice should be unblocked and paid.

Currently, based on our testing in ECC 5.00, the system does NOT allow the user to enter an invoice for a service PO unless:

1. the service entry has been posted and accepted in the system (when using GR-IV checked, GR checked); or

2. the service PO is created such that the GR is non-valuated (where GR-IV is unchecked):

a. GR-IV unchecked

b. SR-IV unchecked

c. GR checked

d. GR non-valuated checked

In option 2 above, since it is GR non-valuated, as soon as the invoice is posted, the consumption account is hit, and offset by the vendor account (the GR/IR account is not impacted in this scenario). When the service entry is created and accepted, no accounting postings are made as it is GR non-valuated. Therefore, it looks very similar to a 2 way match process.

We also read in SAP Note 1166693 that says an invoice cannot be entered before service entry unless you activate Enterprise Public Sector, however, this conflicts with option 2 mentioned above.

Has anyone come across a similar requirement, implemented Public sector, option 2 above, or have any other solutions? Does anyone see any negative impacts with implementing option 2 above?

Cheers,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

indranil_banerjee
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Aleem,

Were you able to implement the option 2 mentioned above? We have an exactly same scenario as option 2 (need a service based PO with GR-IV unchecked but GR and GR non valuated checked).

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Indranil,

We didnt implement option 2 above, as it really ends up being a 2 way match process which was not accepted by our audit and internal controls departments.  If you are on ECC 6.00 and running Enterprise Public Sector, you can enter the invoice before service entry. 

cheers,

indranil_banerjee
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Aleem,

Were you able to implement the option 2 mentioned above? We have an exactly same scenario as option 2 (need a service based PO with GR-IV unchecked but GR and GR non valuated checked).

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

please read also the Knowledge Base Article 1496165 - you can access it like SAP notes.

Regards,

Edit

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks.

former_member218067
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you can use this functionality using LIV tolarance key DW ,please explore Spro>MM>LIV>Invoice block>set tolerence limits

By creating PO IV based you can block invoice till GR is posted, check it

Thanks

Diwakar