cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre and post steps of client copy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There are some client copy official guide?

I was reading the help.sap.com, but in this guide not appears the pre- and post- steps of the client copy.

More thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member185031
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is no official guides for Client copy. But Google and other sources can give you each and every method of Client copy as well as steps how to do it.

You just need to search.

Regards,

Subhash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I've reading about a lot of articles and forums, but there are a lot of opinions and methods. We must to consider to export RFC destinations, jobs, users and his roles and profiles. The logical system, SID, and syster number will be to change after the copy wit the bdls

former_member185031
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
We must to consider to export RFC destinations, jobs, users and his roles and profiles. The logical system, SID, and syster number will be to change after the copy wit the bdls

No these only required when you do any System Copy. Through Client copy the only data will be transfered so the structure will remain the same. So these things not required.

Regards,

Subhash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Then I'm confused. If I do a remote client copy with the copy profile SAP_APPL-->SAP_ALL without user master data then the jobs, rfc and users are maintained,not deleted from productive client,no?

former_member185031
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It's all depend on the Profile you Select. Keep in mind only client specific data will be copied. If you select SAP_ALL then it will over right the User master also, but it will not update the BDLS as wel as RFC entires beuase these are global data not client specific data.

Regards,

Subhash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Chandra,

I´ve revised the jobs and rfc destinations, they're cross-client customizing. But If I select a copy profile SAP_ALL, the user master data prom PRD to DEV is copied and the old users of DEV will be deleted, then the owner of several jobs doesn't have a user for to launch this job.

Which should be the correct way?

More thanks

former_member185031
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You have to export the user master record first and once you completed the Client copy you can import the user master which you exported earlier. So that your user master will remain the same.

1.Export the Profile SAP_UCSV Customizing, User Master Records and User Variants from Target System

2. Start the client Import from Source System

3. Import the exported User master on target system.

Regards,

Subhash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your answer, but If I use the copy profile SAP_APPL, this steps will not be necessay,no? The user master data from target system will be maintained.

former_member185031
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>>If i use the copy profile SAP_APPL, this steps will not be necessay,no? The user master data from target system will be maintained.

Yes. You are right. This Profile will not over right the User Master Record. It is given on the document.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/99/0a2a887e2511d2a6250000e82deaaa/content.htm

Regards,

Subhash

Edited by: Subhash.Chandra on Jun 3, 2011 3:18 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello.

this compiles all the things you need to do:

Regards.

Andi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Chandr,

I´ve revised this document for to choice te copy profile. But If a copy the customizing, and application data and not the user master data record, not will be incosistencies?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Andreas,

But I think that the step of recreation logical system with the BDLS, Chandra says that this step is used if you make a system copy.

former_member185031
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>>But If a copy the customizing, and application data and not the user master data record, not will be incosistencies?

The Scenario which you described here is suits only on SAP_APPL. With this profile your user master record remain will same so there wont be any inconsistencies.

Regards,

Subhash

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Have a look at the [Note 552711 - FAQ: Client copy|https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/552711].

Regards,

Laszlo