cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JDBC sender adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

For this problem I had raised message before couple of month ago.

The issue is PI is fetching the data from the database and sending to SAP R/3.Now the issue is happenning very rare (once in month) .

The scenario is :

Suppose five data are read by PI from the database and also it will set

the time stamp(PI read date) so it can not be read by PI again.

Initial situation :

Table A

Record PI read date

R1 NULL

R2 null

R3 null

R4 null

R5 null

Once it is read by PI the table updated like below

TABLE A

Record PI read date

R1 20110516135609

R2 20110516135610

R3 20110516135611

R4 20110516135612

R5 20110516135613

Now we should get the five records in PI which we are not getting.

Suppose we have R1,R2 and R5 .The records R3 and R4 are missing in PI

but the PI read date is generated in the database table for all the

records .

I have already set the isolation level to serializable and checked the select update statement with database person and they confirmed it is correct , but the issue is still occrrring.Please advice.

Thanks,

Somenath

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I have the same issue like Somenath faced.

required experts inputs on this.

Regards,

Chinna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ramesh,

When this row updated?(not clear)

We can see the the database people send us the scrennshot of 10 messages which processed between 10AM to 11 AM on a particular day.

The PI read date of all the mesages generated at the almost same time when it is processed by PI but for some records we can see PI read date is generated but no message processed in PI for these records.

Please let me know if my answer is clear.

Who update the row :

Ans :PI .using the update statement .

Thanks,

Somenath

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok, thanks for that update.

Can you check payload from sxmb_moni??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ramesh,

The issue is that message not gemerated in PI .So no way to check it in SXMB_MONI or in adapter engine.

Thanks,

Somenath

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

To increase log trace level in adapter engine. Go to advanced tab in jdbc communication channel and set the parameter

logSQLStatement value is true. This would help tracing.

The issue here is some other way updates occuring in that table and when you use select to query the records you see a conflict. Is any other application accessing that table other than jdbc adapter? or your SQL Update statement has some issues

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhaskar,

"logSQLStatement value is true " can be used for sender adapter log ? or it is oly for receiver adapter log ?

Please find my answers :

"Is any other application accessing that table other than jdbc adapter? or your SQL Update statement has some issues"

Ans : No other applications are accessing the suystem and the update statement is correct as confirmed by database person.

Please let me know if you want to see the select update logic ?

Thanks,

Somenath

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>>"logSQLStatement value is true " can be used for sender adapter log ? or it is oly for receiver adapter log ?

I believe for both sender and receiver. Yes, I would like to see the update statement.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rames,

Thanks for your reply.The row was updated by the update statement of PI and PI read date set .But at the same time no message processed from PI.

tHANKS ,

sOMENATH

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you let me know when the row is updated with the read date?? and who does the update??