Item 1 of Header2

Item 2 of Header2

Header value 3

Item 1 of Header3

Item 2 of Header3

Header value 4

Item 1 of Header4

Item 2 of Header4

I am able to this with sub forms nesting without using table element as such, is it possible to do same with table element?? I tried inserting table element inside another table element it is not allowed!!!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member450736
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Resolved, it is possible.

Former Member
0 Kudos

it is common courtesy to post the solution to your problem as, undoubtedly, others will run into the same problems, too.

mrkarthi
Participant
0 Kudos

Requesting to post the solution, It will be helpful for other newbies like me.

Regards,

Karthi M R.

former_member450736
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Sorry for that, the actual issue having table inside row of table UI in adobe is possible, however the problem with this approach is we cannot build layout as we want instead layout will be automatically built based on the nested internal table, you can do this by just dragging your top node of your nested internal table from 'Data View' to subform, it will be built automatically.

for my requirement this is not useful though, so i took other approach which is based on subform

it is difficult to explain the design here, i am trying here to put the concept in few words.

1. Main Subform say 'Table' will have accessible property 'Table'

2. other subform say 'Header' with in 'Table' will have accessible property 'Header row'

3. other subform say 'Item' with in 'Table' will have accessible property 'Body Row'.

now for example your internal table will look like below

Mainitab

Header Item

nested itab

here 'Table' subform will be bound to Maintab, Header will be bound to 'Header' sub form , 'Item' subform is bound to item and 'DATA' ( which will be created automatically ) sub form is bound to nested itab sub form.

along with above you need to mark property 'Repeat subform for each dataitem' propery accordinly as given here:

for 'Item' sub form it will checked and Max 1

for 'DATA' it will be checked and Min 1 and max n

and for 'Header' and 'Table' keep it unchecked.

along with this properties like 'Content' to be set accordingly.

i hope this information helps to start working on this atleast....

Thanks,

Kranthi.