cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTP error , Java.lang.Null Pointer Exception

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am doing FTP connection , where im getting the following error in Communication channel monitoring in RWB

ERROR 1

" Message processing failed. Cause: com.sap.aii.af.ra.ms.api.RecoverableException: Error when getting an FTP connection from connection pool: com.sap.aii.af.service.util.concurrent.ResourcePoolException: Unable to create new pooled resource: java.lang.NullPointerException "

ERROR 2

Error occurred while connecting to the FTP server "xx .xxx.xxx.230: 22 ": java.lang.NullPointerException

Can anyone pls help me out in understanding where to fix this

Regards

Ganga

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am getting the same error for connecting to my FTP.... in both of my interfaces outbound and inbound...

Please reply how did you solve your issue.

0 Kudos

Hi Ganga,

Please check your FTP server. Use another FTP client and try to test connection/write/read data.

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>>Unable to create new pooled resource: java.lang.NullPointerException

The above errors is mainly due to connectivity issue. YOur FTP conection string value is invalid or firewall issue or ftp port is not enabled to connect or so. Check with System administration team.

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

this sud help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Shabarish,

The above link has different exceptions , but the error that im getting is a reource pool exception and Nullpointer exception

Regards

Ganga

Edited by: N.Ganga on Jun 2, 2011 1:55 PM

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

a resourcepoolexception can occur due to connectivity issues.

Can you check with your basis or network team if the PI server is able to access the FTP site or you need any firewall / ports to be opened?

for the nullpointer, confirm if you are using the right details in your FTP adapter

former_member472138
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Cross check your FTP parameters. It looks some config error.

saptechnical com/Tutorials/XI/FileToIDoc/Page3

Regards

Pothana