Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen missing from withing custom SAP program

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Hoping someone might be able to assist me.

Recently I experienced an issue in our production environment where a screen that is called by a custom program 'disappeared'. The screen was visible in SE80 Object Navigator under "Screens" on the left hand side for my particular program, however at some point it disappeared seemingly without reason.

I have checked all transports moved to this system between the times where the screen was present and when it was not, however nothing seemed to touch this particular program object.

Does anyone have any suggestions of how I could track down how this occurred? Presumably there must be some kind of audit trail, but I have no idea where to start.

Thanks, and hope someone might be able to help.

4 REPLIES 4

former_member184578
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi.,

Goto Se01 and check the Transport logs in case of any errors.., Create one more TR and release and then check..

Thanks & Regards,

Kiran

0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

Thanks for your answer. Actually, checking a full list of all the transports that were moved to this system was one of the troubleshooting steps we attempted, but there were no transports that touched the affected object.

I was hoping that there would be an audit trail elsewhere, maybe in a table, or other audit transaction that would show us how this was changed. It is possible that it is a security issue and that the screen was removed directly in the system, but we have no way of knowing unless we can see an audit trail of changes to the particular program/screen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John

Can I just clarify? You can see the screen in the object list on the left but when you try to display it I assume you get some sort of error message? I also get the impression that this problem is only in your Prod system, not in Dev or QA?

(Don't you just hate obscure problems like this?!? 😛 )

I recall having a very similar problem a few years ago but with a function module not a screen. I never did work out what the actual problem was or what caused it but the solution was pretty simple. All we did was right click on the Function Group (at the top of the object list) and selected Other Functions->Rebuild Object List. After that everything worked as it should in the Function Group.

I can't guarantee it will solve your problem but I guess it can't hurt to try...

Good luck!

Regards

Glen

0 Kudos

Hi Glen,

Thanks for your reply. So, we can view the program in SE80, but when you drill down in the 'screens' within the program on the left hand side, one of them was not there. This triggered a run time error when the program tried to display the screen, only to find it was not missing.

Normal service has been restored after we reapplied a previous version of the program transport to our production system, but it is still somewhat of a mystery how this screen disappeared and it is looking increasingly unlikely that we will be able to track down exactly why it vanished.

Like I say, all transports to our production were validated and we confirmed none of them could have impacted this program object. The only change on our systems was an upgrade to the architecture to an x86 server - the timing fits with regard to when the error occurred, however it seems like a long shot that it would only affect a specific screen in a random program.

Thanks for the tip about Other Functions->Rebuild Object List - that might come in useful at some point in the future

Regards,

John