Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

BO XI and the constant change rate analysis

Hello,

We have a BI system (BO XI + Oracle) which contains sales of all countries in the world. All the amount are stored in local currency.

We have a 10 indicators in our univers for these local currency figures and 10 other corresponding indicators for the value in Euro. The exchange rate apply for a currency is annual (and stored in the database for each currency / year)

->if I report a euro indicator for a country on 3 years, 3 exchange rates will be applied to the corresponding years

ex: for 2007,2008,2009 and Russian sales, the Turnover of the 3 years will be : Amount_2007 * Rate_2007 + Amount_2008Rate_2008 + Amount_2009Rate_2009 (this is the normal behavior of aggregation in BO)

For the business, it's very interesting to see the evolution of sales without the change rate effect (to work with constant change rate). So to do this analysis, I would like to apply the same change rate to the sales of the 3 years to get the amount in Euro

-> (Amount_2007 + Amount_2008 + Amount_2009) * Rate_2008

my question:

is it possible to work in constant rate with BO XI without to have a too complex way to do it for users ? We would like to have an object to put in condition with the values "constant rate" / "yearly rate" of better, an object with a list of years to choose the rate to apply

thanks in advance for your answer !

dansledoute

Former Member
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question