Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in Parser-Thread - CPARSER

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

One of my ABAP program gives an error and locks the window as Error in Parser-Thread within SE38. This is caused one of ABAP program the other programs not effect as this. What is the problem ?

Regards,

techmaster

18 REPLIES 18

stefankleger
Newcomer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have the same problem with a program in SE38. The editor displays the characters ##b in one line. When I want remove this line, the message "Error in Parser-Thread" will be displayed. After that, the SAP GUI isn't responding to any operation...

Regards,

Stefan

0 Kudos

Hi,

How have you solved this issue? I am currently experiencing it...

Regards,

Sjoerd

Former Member
0 Kudos

See OSS Note 1619169 'Crash of ABAP Edit Control with Multiple Windows Open'. There's a patch available for SAP GUI at the bottom of this OSS note.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Solved,

That was an ABAP code reading error when SE38 starts. I found the error line and delete completely.

former_member442449
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Unfortunately I have still this error since 7.20 installation and it makes me crazy.

The issue matches with note #1619169. I switch between several ABAP editor sessions, I do a lot copy/paste, pretty printer, activate... all this development stuff and suddenly it crashes (several times a day).

And the best thing is, note 1619169 (which is a high priority correction) refers to a solution, to Support Package 9, but it was never available, since August.

I have to use the old ABAP editor and this drives me crazy.

It's a shame.

0 Kudos

Hi All,

Code must be having a syntax error. Please correct the syntax error and activate.If you are unable to change the code (system hangs when you open SE38 in change mode), try to open the code in old editer and then make the changes.

Thanks,

VM

0 Kudos

Hi Mehgmala,

This thread is 3 years old.

No need to reply.

Thanks

Gourav.

0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

I faced the same issue today and reached this post while searching for an answer. I could not find a resolution here. Thread was assumed answered with no real resolution. Hence I thought of sharing the resoultion after solving the issue myself,

I know thread is old, but wanted to help those who come here searching for an answer

0 Kudos

I'm looking for a solution too, and I agree with Mehgmala and Sue... this is not a resolved issue, so I think you should not care for answers to old questions, because there may be people who are still searching for the solution.

I'm currently using SAPGUI 740 final release and still crashes with error parse.

Best Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I too know thread is old but this is still happening. I experience this error frequently, but intermittently, for more than a year.  Does not seem tied to any one program for me, but to some sequence of activities using SE38 (not sure yet of exact pattern).

I'm currently using SAPGUI 730 patch level 8, Windows 7 32-bit.  Happened several times today.

0 Kudos

Using SAPGUI 740 now and crash after error in Parser still happens.  Still not sure what error could be in the code being typed in, maybe I'm hitting a key accidentally that gives non-printable character?  I can never replicate so I'm not sure of the trigger.

0 Kudos

Yes, we also have this Problem with SAPGUI 7.30 P13 and P14 and versions before... any idea? Seems that Patch 14 makes it worse... System is Windows 7 Pro 32-bit...

Karel
Explorer
0 Kudos

Here also SAPGUI 7.40 SP-level 1 (7400.1.1.1098) with this issue.

I can't find SAP Notes about this issue for versions newer than SAPGUI 7.20

Found this issue on:

Windows 7 SP1

Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise SP1 with Citrix

0 Kudos

In 7.40 with patch 5, it's the same. I'm using win 7 X64 with latest patches from today.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm now on 7.40 patch 7 (win7 x64 also) and just got the error.  Still can't replicate.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all, I have recently found this information related with this topic. 

1770321 - Illegal characters in source code lead to ABAP Editor crash

https://websmp230.sap-ag.de/sap(bD1lcyZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/sno/ui_entry/entry.htm?param=69765F6D6F6465...

I hope it would be useful for you.

Best Regards,

Diego L. Gómez

0 Kudos

Thank you Diego,

However the note's report maybe works for a small code.

Unfortunate SAP's solution!

Best Regards.

0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have the same Problem with SAP GUI 7.40 (7400.3.8.1123 - Win 7 X64).

The Problem could not be solved by OSS Note 1770321 because I also debug SAP Standard Coding and in this case SAP GUI was terminated. I could not change SAP Standard coding to solve the problem!!!

Is there any solution, OSS-Note, anything else to solve this Problem?