cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Download link functionality not working properly on Trans Pack Export page

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are using EP 7.01 and its running successfully.

The creation and export of a Transport Package is working properly. After the Export we got a message Export completed successfully and the .epa file stored on the server standard path /usr/sap/sid/sys/global/export/ . u2026

But once the export finished successfully and when we click on the Download link to save the file on the local machine, the file being downloaded in .ZIP format.

We are unable to import the .ZIP file into another test Portal system and getting the error message:

java.io.IOException: Bad ZIP file format: C:\Temp\_htmlb1303840708225314.tmp; does not contain a package file.

at com.sapportals.portal.transport.ui.ImportComponent.extractPackageZip(ImportComponent.java:1936)

Even we tried to unzip the zip file. But we didnu2019t find any .epa file over there.

So we are able to find the .epa file on the server at /usr/sap/sid/sys/global/export/ u2026. And Unable to download the .epa file using the Export screen Download link functionality

Can anyone please share your views why the Download link functionality not working properly on our Portal?

Thanks

Phani

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Phani,

I have a similar issue after replacing my laptop. The .EPA file is infact a .ZIP file, renaming the extension from .zip to .epa will alow it to be imported in your destination portal.

I suspect the behaviour comes from Internet Explorer or Windows who recognizes this file type as a zip format and proposes to save the file as a zip file. On my old laptop it still functions as supposed. IE versions are the same but OS is XP SP2 (old) and SP3 (new). Comparing further and will provide update but if it hints somebody feel free to post.

Greetings

Peter

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Phani,

I had the same problem as you recently and i don't know if you have solved it since it was a while ago you posted this question.

But as i see it, it's not answerd so i'll give it a shot.

I solved this issue by right clicking Download Exportfile link --> Save Target As...

A Save As window will popup. Under Save As Type drop down, change from Compressed (zipped) Folder to All.

Also, add .epa at the end of the file name. The file will now be saved as an EPA file.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Messay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can anyone please share your views on this issue?

Thanks

Phani

Qualiture
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are exporting the PCD and the file extension is .zip, I suspect that is incorrect as it should be .epa

Could you try changing the file extension to .epa and import the renamed file into your destination portal?

However, if you are exporting KM content, it does have the .zip extension. Simply remove the .zip extension. The archive file must have the extension .kmc and the technical ID part of the file name should not be changed

Hope this helps!

Robin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

While exporting the PCD by default the system had taken .epa extension.

That is the reason I can able to download .epa file stored on the server file system.

The only problem I am facing is after clicking on the Download link, i am getting only .zip file insteqad of .epa file.

Is there any patch we need to apply on Portal system?

Thanks

Phani

Qualiture
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What Portal version are you using?

Also, if you rightclick the download link, and check the properties of that link, does it end with .epa or with .zip?