Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Features of BPC

former_member244687
Participant
0 Kudos

HI All,

I am new to the BPC space, I have a few queries which are quite basic.

1. Reporting feature in BPC compared to BI, how much of ABAP can be used

2. What are the forecasting features in BPC , we have the following features in IP and for our project we need almost all the features and also retract values to ECC. Can BPC be suggested for the features below

● Average

● Moving average

● Weighted moving average

● Linear regression

● Seasonal linear regression

● Simple exponential smoothing (constant model)

● Simple exponential smoothing with alpha optimization (constant model)

● Linear exponential smoothing (trend model)

● Seasonal exponential smoothing (seasonal model)

● Seasonal trend exponential smoothing (seasonal trend model)

● Croston model

● Automatic model selection

thanks

Raj

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

2. What are the forecasting features in BPC , we have the following features in IP and for our project we need almost all the features and also retract values to ECC. Can BPC be suggested for the features below

● Average

● Moving average

● Weighted moving average

● Linear regression

● Seasonal linear regression

● Simple exponential smoothing (constant model)

● Simple exponential smoothing with alpha optimization (constant model)

● Linear exponential smoothing (trend model)

● Seasonal exponential smoothing (seasonal model)

● Seasonal trend exponential smoothing (seasonal trend model)

● Croston model

● Automatic model selection

thanks

Raj

==========================================================

Hi Raj,

I just want to comment the statistics you mentioned as Forecasting, there is no built-in statistical method in BPC. But there are few approach to make it happen.

1. BPC is based Excel, you can make statistical model with VBA. The linear regression, Simple exponential smoothing are examples.

2. Seasonality is almost impossible to implement with VBA, therefore you need to buy statistics component or model that is working on Excel.

3. From my exprience, it was possible to work with Statistics applications such as SAS,SPSS,SPLUS and so on. Multiple Linear Regression was the model what we implemented.

BPC is very flexible to implement all financial requirement just like the above. Hope this helps,

Regards,

YH Seo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The reporting is much more easier (I feel). However, it will be very difficult to explain it in the forum. You might want to take a look at the below link from help.sap:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_bpc75_nw/helpdata/en/0c/794231d1d34602b0c38ebeafed8c27/frameset.htm

You can have the features of BPC on top of the native excel functionalities; since it is tightly integrated with MS excel.

As far as projection techniques are concerned, you need to model them using script logic. Having said that its not going to be a very hard task.

Hope this helps.