cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Impersonation feature----Supplier Management

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

How to use the ' Impersonation' feature of Supplier Management module in SAP E-Sourcing.

The help says that Purchasers or Admin can login as vendors if this feature is enabled.

In this case which URL we should be using to login as vendor ? my take is buy side, but it is not working.

Advice.

Regards,

Pankaj

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member13619
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Pankaj,

There are prerequisites to be able to impersonate a supplier.

1. You have to be part of a security role which has impersonation for external user enabled (allowed); in a security profile you can find this in the access rights/users and security (2nd page I think in a wave 7).

2. The impersonation flag has to be set in the supplier record; you can find this in the tab "Contacts", section "Internal Contacts"

when these pre-requisites are fullfilled you go, in the buyer environment, to your supplier record, go to the "contacts" tab, choose the supplier contact you want to impersonate by clicking on it which will redirect you to his account page and than choose actions/Log in as this user (dropdown next to the edit button, you do not have to be in edit mode to select this). This will redirect you to the supplier portal and login you in automatically as the supplier contact.

Hope this has helped you and if so please mark this question as being answered.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Erik,

how do you set that checkbox as true by default.

I mean, for all the Suppliers I want to enable Impersoation Enabled checkbox as true.

I checked in system properties, nothing useful. Page Customization also, not helpful.

Any other option

Regards

Manish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just to update what I found:

I created a Business Rule for Class Supplier (607) and now, when a new vendor is being created as soon as the Vendor data is saved, system automatically marks the Impersonation enabled field as True.

Regards

Manish

Answers (0)