cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BO Scheduling using a Java Program

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys...

We are using a java program(jar package, code of which i dont have) to schedule reports.

This java program picks up the information such as report name, location, prompts, format etc.. from a text file placed in a file share.

The text file contains 2 records as:

ReportsMain/Finace Set Area Area Report Disk PDF
TestServer\PDFs\ Area Report.pdf 4 600 Enter Year 2011 Area Name Corporate Country or .ALL .ALL Site Name or .ALL .ALL Select Currency USD Select Budget/RBU version Budget Enter Hierarchy Year 2011 ReportsMain/HR HR Headcount Headcount Report Disk PDF
TestServer\PDFs\ Headcount Report.pdf 4 600 Enter Year 2011 HR Incharge Name2 Country or .ALL .ALL Site Name or .ALL .ALL

The above 2 records provides information such as Report path, report name, output file name, retry interval, Prompt name and Prompt values.

When we schedule the java program from CMC, it picks up these 2 records from a text file and schedules the 2 reports.

First report gets scheduled and the second does not.

Below is the error log that i found:

Status Failed

External Destination: None

Creation Time: 6/2/2011 8:20 AM

Start Time: 6/2/2011 8:20 AM

End Time: 6/2/2011 8:20 AM

Server Used: sesoboval04.Web_IntelligenceJobServer2

Error Message: 30270: An internal error occurred while calling the 'processDPCommands' API. (Error: WIS 30270) BOException caught:RESULT=80004005;WHAT=RefreshBatch failed

On having only 2nd record, also i face the same error.

Please share your ideas or any pointers to finding the solution for this.

Thanks in Advance

Vaibhav

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member217070
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, eknv2010,

It looks like you're not providing a destination for the report. If you are, then I would switch the records around.

If it now fails on the first one instead of the second one, then the problem is with the report or the record itself.

If it still fails on the second one, then the problem is something with your program and how it handles either the last record or the second record. Adding a 3rd record would tell you which.

Regards,

Bryan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you create a java program object,if the report you are scheduling doesnot contain data ,the report will not schedule.

May be your second report cannot refresh data from the data source.Is it so?

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

From the error message you provided from your program:

Status Failed

External Destination: None

Creation Time: 6/2/2011 8:20 AM

Start Time: 6/2/2011 8:20 AM

End Time: 6/2/2011 8:20 AM

Server Used: sesoboval04.Web_IntelligenceJobServer2

Error Message: 30270: An internal error occurred while calling the 'processDPCommands' API. (Error: WIS 30270) BOException caught:RESULT=80004005;WHAT=RefreshBatch failed

It looks like the WebI document you're trying to process is failing to refresh its data. Have you confirmed that when you open the WebI Report that you are able to refresh all of its data providers? If this works just opening the WebI, then there may be something with your program object. Without more information, I'd start with trying to manually refresh your WebI and see if you have any problems. If not, then maybe post some relevant code example of how you're scheduling these documents.

HTH.