cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How the Workflow container is being filled up

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is a customized Workflow is already maintain in the system which is responsible for triggering when The Personal data has been changed from the ESS portal and it will send to the manager for approval.In the workflow the first step is an activity step (Personal data) which is importing the values and exporting the status and reason for the same.

I am not able to understand how the values is coming in the the above activity step...After modify the personal data in ESS will it be stored in the database table or from where is it coming?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

bpawanchand
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

As you are saying that when ever there is a change in the infotype PA0002 which is personal data of the employee then IN that case the workflow is triggered and you want to know from where this data is getting passed and workflow is triggered right,

You can check in the Transaction SWEHR2 or SWEHR3 where they might have maintained some kind of event linkage between the workflow which is getting triggered.

Or some kind of RFC might have been configured in the portal so that when ever you click on Save button then this RFC is called from portal and directly by making use of SAP_WAPI_START_WORKFLOW. they might be starting the workflow.

Regards

Pavan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yeh Pavan.. You are right..Actualy when the Workflow is triggering I am observing in the Binding of the Activity step that the values are coming as import parameters in to the WF containers respectively. and in this step it is going to the specific person for approval...

So my question is if an infotype PA0002 is changed from the portal by the employee then how it is again going to the manager for approval....If he approves then only it should be updated right?? otherwise it will be same as it was before.....

Is the all import values of the container is coming from any Z table or any framework?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan,

I have checked in the SWEHR2 for the event linkage..But there the standard business object PERSDATA is being used.But there is no entry in SWEHR3.

In the SWEHR2 the function module has been used for event linkage is le CACS_LOG_HRINFTY...and inside the function module there is a statement like insert into cacs_hrlog values ls_hrlog.

Is the cacs_hrlog is the table where the values are storing from the ESS portal and the same is transferred to the workflow container?????

bpawanchand
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I hope you had a look at the transactions SWEHR2 and SWEHR3 if you have observed then there is a function module assigned to each entry. Look at the interface of the function module. You will have AFTER_IMAGE and BEFORE_IMAGE named two parameters. The after Image will hold the new values and the before image will hold the previous values then from here he might be passing the values to workflow........

As soon as the manager approved from workflow he might be updating the After image values in PA0002.

Regards

Pavan