cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WeBI vs Bex Analyzer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I know that weBI is meant for ad hoc reporting and Bex Analyzer is meant for more analysis.

But I just can't differentiate this two tools in a better way.

Could you please share what is the exact differences between WeBI and Bex Analyzer ?

Appreciate this. Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any other replies please ?

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi There,

Thanks. But both WeBI and Bex Analyzer can do the weekly absence report and the graph. I know that now in BO, this Bex Analyzer is similar to the BusinessObjects Analysis tool.

WeBI also can do slice and dice (drilldown) similar to Bex. Apart than WeBI can be used to create report on the fly in browser, I can't see other real differences between these two tools.

Since I can't see these differences, it's hard for me to decide which tools to decide which reports.

Anybody please share some more examples ?

Appreciate. Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vamsee,

Any examples maybe that you can share with me when you will use WeBI and when you will decide to use Bex Analyzer instead ?

Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Webi is used for reports that you will publish, present to others and generally distribute and give a corporate look and feel to. Things like, hourly call stats, weekly absence reports, sales trend graphs.

Bex Analyser, like Polestar (now BO Explorer) is a general OLAP investigation tool which provides slick slice and dice and data manipulation with a much simpler presentation layer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vamsee and Amit,

Thanks. I saw the pdf file before, but it was meant to explain how to achieve in BO several functions that we can do in BW.

Can I just say that all my reports can be delivered by using weBI and I no longer need Bex Analyzer ?

What I really want to know is, when or in what circumstances should we use WeBI and Bex Analyzer ?

Or, if I need to explain to business end users, how should I explain which one to use in what situations ?

Regards,

Handoko

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Handoko,

WEBI

Reporting & Analysis

BW in place

General interactive reporting

Target audience: casual business user

BeX Analyzer

OLAP Cube navigation

BW in place

Target audience: analysts

Regards,

Vamsee

amitrathi239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

WebI report has an advantage when the report is of Ad-hoc variety. WebI is intuitive and allows for users to drag and drop fields to create quick reports.You can create reports based on the different sources .first to create universe and use to create webi report. Interactive look.No need to install separates software,users can see reports and create ad-hoc reports in webi

In the SAP Business Information Warehouse (BW), BEx (Business Explorer) is the reporting tool used to work with data in the BW database. BEx has a Web-based user interface and is made up of two components, the BEx browser and the BEx analyzer.

Bex analyzer is excel based tool.more come in as add ins in excel. it a OLAP tool.No interactive look.

Thanks,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

Please refer below link.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/20526a7e-c629-2d10-828f-d0edbf081...

The above PDF details the differences between WEBI and BEx.

Regards,

Vamsee