Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transporting Web Services to Production System

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I want to transport web services which were created from function in QA to live. How can I do that?

Best regards

Munur

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you create the WS directly in QA or was it in Dev?...anyways check with your BASIS team and they will assist you in getting it transported...however you will have to activate the service in SICF and maintain authentication details(If any) manually.

Also, if it you have consumed an external service you will have to re-create the logical port in production.

Regards,

Chen

Edited by: Chen K V on Jun 2, 2011 2:25 PM

0 Kudos

Hi Chen,

I have created WS in Development System. So, we have no basis team. I have to transport to the our Production system.

How?

Thanks for your advices.

Best regards,

Munur

0 Kudos

Hi Munur,

I guess you saved the WS in a transport request, you transport this like you would transport any other transport.

Or better, you just have to do what you did when moving it from Dev to QA, using tcode STMS.

Regards,

Chen

0 Kudos

I would like to expand on this question. I have transported the services and activated them in production, however, it only creates the definition, it doesn't create the WSDL (URL). Do you know why that is?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Linda,

I've solved this issue. You have to create service with the same name of your web services.

So, You have to run:

1. run SOAMANAGER

2. select your web service and apply selection

3. from the comming screen (on Overview tab) you will see :

Object Status : Services / Endpoints : 0

4. Then select Configurations tab and select Create Services

5. In the comming next screen you can enter web servis name for all field

6. Press Save button

7. You don't need to do anything else.

Best regards,

Munur

Edited by: Matt on Jun 24, 2011 9:35 AM . corrected Typo