Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while Logging into CUP

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have created a user who has been given only all "AE" roles. When I try to log into the system using this user id, I get the below error:

*An error occurred; contact your system administrator"

This above error basically I get 3 times one below the other on the same page and this opens the "UME" kind of screen wherein the below tabs are displayed and these are *Disabled"

General Information

Account Information

Contact Information

Additional Information

User Mapping for System Access

I dont know whty this error is occurring and where I have to dig in order to resolve this.

I would appreciate if anybody can suggest me and help resolving the issue.

Regards,

Faisal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Faisal,

When a user is created, it needs to change initial password. Changing password facility is not there in CUP. Logon to RAR Link and try loggin there. Even if you dont have any RAR role, still it will let you change your password.

Also check before chaning it whether the account is locked due to incorrect logons or it is active.

Regards,

Sabita

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sabita,

Thanks for your kind reply.

I had created this user as "Technical" user which does not need to change the password, I believe.

However, as per you suggestion, I changed this user type to "Default" and then changed the password in RAR link. After that logged in CUP. Unfortunately, I still get the same error.

May you assist further?

Regards,

Faisal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Faisal,

I have not seen such type of error. May be some mapping is there in CUP, which need ot be fulfilled. Wait for an expert reply here, also raise a ticket with SAP if you get no resolution.

Regards,

Sabita

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fisal,

Is this error specific to this user account or does all existing users get this error?

If it is just this user. Try to create a new user account. If its not working, try to copy a working user account.

Is this error appearing after an upgrade? In a recent SP (don't remember which one) new actions where added. That means that you will have to add them manually to your existing AE roles.

Regards,

Vit

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for providing your kind answers.

I had raised one message with SAP for the same. And SAP has confirmed that, this is a bug and will be fixed in SP16 for GRC applications.

Hope this might help you.

Regards,

Faisal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the info Faisal.

Regards,

Sabita