cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One Bapi functionality is not working in the product

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we have developed a local project, once development is completed i deployed ear file into production.

we have used several Bapi's in the application, only one bapi functionality is not working.

i have maintained the all jco's properly in the production also.

whenever i deployed ear file into production...i can see all jco's related to the particular application and where i have activated the jco's.

in the developement everything is fine

only problem in the production.

jco test is successful,

what will be the problem?

please help me to resolve this issue/

Thank you

swapna

Edited by: swapna 1234 on Jun 2, 2011 9:43 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swapna,

What exactly do you mean by saying that one BAPI is not working? Have you tried debugging to check if the input is being set properly to the BAPI? Is the input bound to the BAPI? Execute the BAPI in the backend and check if it is working there.

Even if you don't want to debug, print out the input that is being set the the RFC.. Put an external breakpoint in the BAPI in the backend to see if it is getting triggered and if the input is going properly.

Thanks & Regards,

Vaishnavi

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

thank you for the reply.

This is my first webdynprojava project....i dont know much about debugging concepts.

In my application we are using the 6 bapis..........1 bapi is used for attachments and header text.

even in the production i am able to see the result produced by remaining 5 bapi's ......i finally found the problem.

RFC is working fine in the backend .....while executing from the java attachment is not happening ....

please ask me if u dont understand my problem.

i checked in dev,,,,no problem there.

pls let me know if u understand the problem.

Thank you

swapna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swapna,

You have one WDJ Application, in that application u called 6 BAPIu2019s from the ECC (DEV). Now u had deploy the applications its working fine in Dev System right?

In PRO System u can follow these Steps also.

Create Technical System and Create Model Data and Meta Data(its same as DEV System for Exp: in Dev System: u re calling BAPIu2019s by using WD_BAPI_MODEL_DATA and WD_BAPI_META_DATA and create same model data and meta data in PRO System also)

Now u can follows these Steps.

1. Transport 6 BAPIu2019s from DEV to PRO System. One its completed successfully.

2. U have to deploy the .ear file into PRO System by using SDM tool.

Once u have done above steps. Still u r getting same problem that time u can check it like that.

1. U said one BAPI is not working in PRO System So that time u got any error. If u got any error please share with me.

2. U didnu2019t get any error. So that time Put the Break point in you re Function Module and check it.

How to do means

Login SAP Log on pad with you r User id and password

Pass SE 37 TCode and find function module name, Open that module. Here put internal/External Break point option is available.

Then deploy the application that BAPI will be trigger. So finally u can find out its working or not.

Thank you,

Regards

VijayK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi vijay,

i transported the all bapi's and deployed ear file using SDM tool only.

but i didn't create create jco destination in Production , whenever application deployed i can see all the related jco 's under

that local application,

then i have maintained and tested , test successful only.

one more thing i ran the bapi individually in production, in r3 that is working fine.

i can say that some communication is missing between java and Abap.

i will explain the problem clearly if u want...pleas ask me if u need any info.

i tried to put the debug point in r3, even i put the break point in the bapi, portal app directly executing, unable to debug.

can u explain me how to debug once...

no logs at portal and no dump in st22.

please help me to resolve this.

Thank you

swapna

Edited by: swapna 1234 on Jun 3, 2011 2:13 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swapna

one more thing I run the BAPIu2019s individually in production, in r3 that is working fine.---- Okay Fine.

I can say that some communication is missing between java and ABAP. --- So that Communications is

1. Technical System (SLD)--- By using this technical System u will be connect to PRO System.

2. By using that Technical System u can create one MODEL Data and Meta Data (this Should be Same as looks like (in Dev System: u re calling BAPIu2019s by using WD_BAPI_MODEL_DATA and WD_BAPI_META_DATA and create same model data and meta data in PRO System also) ).

Now u have test/ping PRO System Model Data and Meta Data. Whether its working or not. Its working fine that communications was good.

How to debug the Application.

1. Login into the SAP Login ( when u creating Model Data and Meta Data in PRO System that time u was given one Uid and pwd. By using same UID and Pwd u can login into the SAP Logon pad).

2. Then u can pass the SE37 T-Code, Open you re function module.

3. In your Function module top level some I cons available just fine out internal/External Debug one icon available(either internal or External). Plz click on that Icon.

4. Finally Deploy the application. That time function module screen will be appier. Now u can fine out Import/Export parameters in Function module.

Hope this is Help full for u.

Regards

VijayK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi vijay,

Thank you for the reply,

i am able to debug the application in Dev , but in production its not happening.

in se37 i open that Bapi and put the External breakpoint, i tried running the application...it has taken me to Abap window , i checked the parametrs.

i want to check the same in production...becoz actual problem in the production only.

in the dev i have been to config tool...there also we didnt set Enable debug point......even i can debug.

can u tell me what i have to do debug?(in production)

Thank you

swapna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swapna,

I believe that you have already created the JCos in production.

Now in order to debug in production, you will need an ID that has permissions to execute an RFC/BAPI in your production system . Log in using that ID. The procedure is the same as explained by Vijay above.

Regards,

Himanshu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

id is available in both production portal as well as R3 also,

i have full permissions to execute that bapi, but still i am facing the problem.

any idea reg this issue?

Thank you

swapna

Former Member
0 Kudos

So you mean to say that you can use se37 in Production.

If yes, then while you execute the BAPI, what is the problem you face?

Or is there some other problem?

Regards,

Himasnhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thank you for the reply.

i have put the External break point in the Bapi,

and i tried to run the application......it should take to abap window......its not happening in the production.

in the dev i have cross checked the Bapi functionality.

i am not able to Debug the application in the production.

i developed the project....i deployed the ear file into the production....

dev everything is fine...but in the production one functionality is not working.

plz ask me if you didn't understand the problem.

Thank you

swapna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Your JCO must be pointing to some ID. Is this the same as the one yoy are using to login to SE37?

If it is different, please use the same ID as the one to which your JCO is pointing.

Regards,

Himanshu